Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 rear tail light wiring harness

Stemmer

Corvette
I just recieved my rear tail light harness for my 1960 from Mary Jo (VetteGal)... However the plastic bag the harness came in is labeled as WRH5657 as well as the label on the harness... The shipping bag is also marked as Lectric Limited with a phone number....

I call Lectric Limited and they inform me there is a difference between the 56-57 and the 58-60 rear harness....and it should be exchanged...

I phone Mary Jo, who is always a pleasure and extremely helpful to deal with and she informs me that both harnesses are completely interchangeable and there is no difference whatever...

I tend to beleive Mary Jo as she has always given me great service and information in the past.... And she is more then willing to exchange the item... BUT I no reason to exchange if there is no difference...

Any comments would be greatly appreciated... Is Mary Jo or Electric Limited correct....???

Cheers

Ken

I would trust the manufacturer before I trust a reseller who wants to manage its inventory.

Mary Jo has always given me A-1 service and advice before in the past... Perhaps the differences are only cosmetic, which would matter to a NCRS type... But mine has some slight mods (disc brakes up front, 327, muncie 4 speed, Edelbrock carb & manifold, 12 bolt rear end, American Racing Torque Thrusts)...

I believe it'll work but wanting someone who knew both years 56-57 & 58-60 to comment...

The Lectric Limited website doesn't show any photos of the wiring harness...

Many thanks

Ken

What exactly are you getting stuck on? There should not be a difference Mark.

Mark Stahl said:
What exactly are you getting stuck on? There should not be a difference Mark.

I didn't think there was... Mary Jo offered to exchange the harness but assured me there was no difference... I guess I was looking for a second opinion...

Cheers

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom