Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - Update at the body shop

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Took my frame over to the body shop last week whlie I was off. They mounted the body to the frame so that they could use it as a jig for the new body parts that have to be assembled to the body, specifically the hood surround.

They triple wrapped the motor in plastic and also wrapped the frame before they put the body on. They are going to cover the wheels inside and out so that when they get the body all together and glued, they will be able to sand the heck out of things.

We plan to paint the under body the same color as the car but Harry will add some satin to the paint. The color of the car will be C5 Torch Red with White coves.

I talked to Al Knoch interiors today and they will be doing the interior pieces as well as the dash pad (will be in leather). I plan on doing a C5 Z06 Mod Red (black and red) interior, the same as my '03 Z06.

Below are the latest photos, the big thing that I can see right now is that I might want to get diffrerent coil overs for the rear of the car and lower it another ince. Right now I am down all the way on the shock mounts, so the only thing that I can do to change the ride height is to purchase some shorter coil over shocks (ugh, it is just money!). The front is lowered all the way down and may be too low. We might raise it one inch, but no matter what the car has a real mean attitude to it!

Here are the photos, hopefully I will get a chance next week to get some more. Work is going crazy right now and even going over to the body shop is difficult right now (only 1 mile away).

IMG_0322s-vi.jpg

IMG_0323s-vi.jpg

IMG_0327s-vi.jpg

IMG_0318s-vi.jpg

IMG_0325s-vi.jpg

IMG_0328s-vi.jpg

IMG_0320s-vi.jpg

IMG_0330s-vi.jpg

IMG_0332s-vi.jpg

IMG_0331s-vi.jpg

stay tuned!!!

Herb

Herb,
You really know how to take on challenge. I dont see how you've had the time to get as far as you've gottin. Cant wait to see it all come together.
Your pics of the whole project are great to look at..its funny, my wife thinks We're all crazy..(in a good way of course)

Looking forward to meeting up sometime in the spring. Jim

Herb,
You really know how to take on challenge. I dont see how you've had the time to get as far as you've gottin. Cant wait to see it all come together.
Your pics of the whole project are great to look at..its funny, my wife thinks We're all crazy..(in a good way of course)

Looking forward to meeting up sometime in the spring. Jim
Hopefully when this baby is done and running.......perhaps come out to the Hot Rod Power Tour when it is in Cleveland????? June 2nd!

Herb

It has a real nice stance to it, I would not change it too much, when I was setting the stance on my car I was trying to keep it low and have equal distance between the fender wells and the tires and still having a slight rake between the front and rear . I always like a car that sat a bit higher in the rear then the front Wont be long now.I guess he is going to mount the body shell get the door gaps correct then hang the nose.

I guess he is going to mount the body shell get the door gaps correct then hang the nose.
yes, something like that is the plan. It is exciting to see it looking like a car rather than just pieces......

You really give me hope, FG..

Regards,

Jim
good, the encouragement on here keeps me moving too.....on these kind of projects you have to keep moving.....they suck money like there is no tomorrow!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom