Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - update from the body shop, getting VERY close to coming home!!!

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Stopped by the shop today to check on the car. They have it painted and 98% wet sanded down. There are a few more items to deal with, but for the most part they are on the home stretch to the point that Harry thinks that they might be completely done with it come the end of next week.
Here are the latest photos.....
GS8J0083Small-vi.jpg

in the photo below there is a provision for a conduit tucked up inside the wheel well to run the wires from inside the car to the very front. All wires are to be hidden as much as possible and this enables that to be accomplished.
GS8J0084Small-vi.jpg

I really like the TORCH RED color from the C5......same color here...
GS8J0085Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0091Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0080Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0081Small-vi.jpg

GS8J0082Small-vi.jpg

The body and frame should be mated up some time early next week.....I am ready to get going on my part going forward......
All of my photos for this car are at this web site, now over 633... http://public.fotki.com/htmiata/1960_corvette/
stay tuned!!!
regards, Herb

Hope the end of next week comes quick! Looking forward to seeing pics of the completed project. That's PROBABLY the color that it should have been painted when it was new! Really like the conduit idea as well.
Andy

Looks great, going look even better sitting on its frame.

Good luck over the next couple of weeks
yes, I can't wait for that to happen.........it should look great. It is really low to the ground, hopefully it will still clear speed bumps!!! I had to get another floor jack that was 2.75" off the ground so that I can easily jack it up rather than continuing to fuss with my other jack which would not go under the frame!

Hope the end of next week comes quick! Looking forward to seeing pics of the completed project. That's PROBABLY the color that it should have been painted when it was new! Really like the conduit idea as well.
Andy
I really like the color combo even if the white is a Ford color.......hopefully the wires will be well hidden....time will tell....stay tuned....

Herb

Hello Herb
Your car is really looking sharp , the paint job is fantastic with the underside looking just as shiny as the top
I look forward to seeing more pics, especially with the body on the frame
Tom

I

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!

:beer

Looking better every day.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom