Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 window removal

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Anyone point me in the right direction for getting the windows and all the trim out of the doors? I am sure there is a right way and a wrong way and since I am probably heading down the wrong way....thought I would ask....I did a search but came up empty....HELP!

thanks

ok...got the window out...does the window mechanism need to come out? if so, how the heck do you get it out of there? the window crank shaft is in the way of getting the entire mechanism out....there must be a way, what did people do to rebuild those things?

Also, what about the door posts? I took out three screws, but you would think that sucker would come out...but no....so where are all the screws at the need to come out to make bugger come out of here?

Herb

ok....figured out the door posts...bubba had fiberglassed over the end bolt and it was not visible.

so I still need to know...does the window mechanism come out with a major hernia? or just leave it in????

ok...got the driver door gutted...but the passenger window is being a pain...got the 4 screws out that hold it to the mechanism...but it wont come out....maybe I am too tired to fuss any more with it today...but any hints would be appreciated.....and whoever design this monster...well...never mind...but if you have worked on one of these you know what I mean......let me know tricks for getting this sob out!

thanks, Herb

Herb

You know thing are bad when your talking to yourself,but when your talking to yourself on a public forum this may be a new type of bad thats never been documented yet.

I have no answers for you except my screws were puttyed over also.

My door were mostley taken apart when I got my car so I just had to figure out what parts went were and how to get them back in.

I had to work all day so I was off the forum

mine came totally striped out. i need to find out if i have all the parts.
take a lot of pictures for me please.
rick

mine came totally striped out. i need to find out if i have all the parts.
take a lot of pictures for me please.
rick
normally I take a lot of photos, but now we are talking about photos in the door????? I am not sure how to do that....I will try to get a few...as there are a lot of little linkages and such that have to be connected in order to make the darn thing function.....

I was hoping the Assembly manual showed how to reassemble doors. If not, I'm in big trouble.

Herb

You know thing are bad when your talking to yourself,but when your talking to yourself on a public forum this may be a new type of bad thats never been documented yet.

Larry you crack me up. :L

Maybe I should start saving some of your quotes like you have saved others in the past.

Herb,

I had my door hardware apart and don't remember having a whole lot of trouble. I do remember studying the AIM for quite a while before I tackled it though. Good luck. Sounds like you are making good progress at this point.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom