Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C16 Callaway Aerobody

The rear may be Pininfarina, but it sure looks like some possible bad blind spots behind the driver. I would have to set in one to know for sure.

c16d.jpg

The rear looks like a Ferrari Daytona! Only the Daytona has 4 lenses and this one has 2!?
I love the Rims and the interior is jet again suburb, but that is just it...
But it's nice to see some people like it :)

Groeten Peter.

Here is a link from the Autoweek news site: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.d...photofoldermultisearchand=1&Execute=1&Count=1

I am here in LA this week at the LA AUto show and all I can say is WOW! :eek This car looks even better in real life :cool

I saw the car a week ago (with the other wheels on it) as t was brought into the country from Canada and with the paint still wet, the orange hue seems HOT to the touch :cool

More pics to follow - I just cot a connection :cool

You sure do get around Chris :). If you see any interesting Camaro related things going on in LA, please do take some pictures for me!

I just finally had a chance to see the rest of the pictures of it and it is very cool! The rear is amazing, the front is good, and the interior (although I hate brown) is very cool! If I had money, I'd be getting one in my Nassau Blue-Mystic Teal mix with an ocean blue and white colored interior tomorrow.

I can't believe some of the comments the car is getting in that one topic. Saturn Sky? Ugly? Puh puh please...

The creation of the internet has been the ruination of people being nice. If these people were looking at this car in the parking lot of a restaurant, they wouldn't be saying this stuff...

You guys should see what Camaro enthusiasts say about the Callaway C8 on camaroz28.com's message board. Not nice... :ugh

Wow, I just can't say if I like it or not? I like the rear a lot especially from the side view. It's a bit C12 which was a gorgeous car, though in a smaller package, which changes it a bit.

The C-pillar seems more tacked on than on the C12 where it looked like it was always there. The vent behind the rear wheel seems a bit odd, and the nose is too pointy. But they are just pictures. It might look a lot better in person (and in a different color). :)

I just finally had a chance to see the rest of the pictures of it and it is very cool! The rear is amazing, the front is good, and the interior (although I hate brown) is very cool! If I had money, I'd be getting one in my Nassau Blue-Mystic Teal mix with an ocean blue and white colored interior tomorrow.

I can't believe some of the comments the car is getting in that one topic. Saturn Sky? Ugly? Puh puh please...

The creation of the internet has been the ruination of people being nice. If these people were looking at this car in the parking lot of a restaurant, they wouldn't be saying this stuff...

You guys should see what Camaro enthusiasts say about the Callaway C8 on camaroz28.com's message board. Not nice... :ugh

If you think the comments are bad here, you should see what they're saying on another choice Corvette web site.... :eyerole

ROad & Track, who shot the car last week along with a whole host of mainstream media, haVe had NOTHING but good things to say about the design and other vitues of the C16.

For someone to do an internet "hit & run," without seing the car in person, I would say you are missing the bigger picture and I also wonder what the motivating factor is there -:confused

I know everyone's a critic, but I would have gone with a different tail light treatment, either 4 (a la classic Corvette) or maybe something more oval (a la the C4 Aerobody). Those blank spaces inboard of the tail lights just don't look right.

Other than that, the car is an absolute work of art. :cool

I also apparently have rotten timing (or memory, or both). I just left LA yesterday. I should have hung around for another day. :mad

Brangeta , I quoted your message but my answer is to all.

I appologize , for giving critisism on the C16

I had to judge from the 2 pictures I first saw, and now when there are more pictures available I still think I do not like the shapes.

I have to see the car in person to give a real judgment.

It is just that I have a passion for the C4 aerobody and the C12 looks and with a mixed version of them in my mind I was excitingly awaiting the reveal of the new masterpiece.
so in that point of view the looks were dissapointing to me.

sorry again if I hurt anybodies feelings or stepped on someones soul
that is not my intention, NEVER.

I just have a strange way of expessing myself (weird humor).

I don't think you offended anyone. The people using the barfing icon though... that's another story... :puke

I know everyone's a critic, but I would have gone with a different tail light treatment, either 4 (a la classic Corvette) or maybe something more oval (a la the C4 Aerobody). Those blank spaces inboard of the tail lights just don't look right.

Other than that, the car is an absolute work of art. :cool

I also apparently have rotten timing (or memory, or both). I just left LA yesterday. I should have hung around for another day. :mad

Jon, you should have stayed - Bummer :(

Turbo Luigi & I are out here for a bit longer. We did mention the oval taillights from the C4 Aero however, you would be amazed how well everything comes together on this car :cool

it is an interesting car, but it doesn't take my breath away when I first saw it, neither did it pull on my heartstring creating a need to run out and order one... but that's just me.....

I agree with the oval Areobody tail lights to fill the open space. It would of also brought back some C4 features, Classic Aerobody.

Is Callaway in the process of making any more C16s or are they waiting for orders? I'd like to see more pictures of an assortment of colors :).

The design of it is starting to grow on me. It reminds me a lot of HuggerC8's Camaro with the CamAerobody. I don't know if he'd want me to mention it, but he was actually looking to sell his car. I'm not sure if he ended up doing so or not.

norm_0_orig.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

Is Callaway in the process of making any more C16s or are they waiting for orders? I'd like to see more pictures of an assortment of colors :).

The design of it is starting to grow on me.

The cars right now, are built to spec - each one ordered by customers. There will be a few done very soon for cars ordered - Did I mention lately, the crowd at the LA Auto show was 5-6 ppl deep for some parts of this weekend! :eek

...stay tuned :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom