Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C2 - &#$! parking brakes

tigernut

Just finished rebuilding my parking brakes. Those #$%#!& engineers should be ashamed, the $#%^. What a piece of %$&#@ design.

Ah, I feel so much better. ;LOL

Thanks for listening.
Doug

tigernut said:
Just finished rebuilding my parking brakes. Those #$%#!& engineers should be ashamed, the $#%^. What a piece of %$&#@ design.

Ah, I feel so much better. ;LOL

Thanks for listening.
Doug

I'm glad to know I'm going to have a fun time on Saturday..............:eyerole

The owners manual should say "In the event of brake failure, down shift like hell but do not pull the emergency brake!" :W

There's an emergency brake on these things? I'll be go to hell.

tigernut said:
Just finished rebuilding my parking brakes. Those #$%#!& engineers should be ashamed, the $#%^. What a piece of %$&#@ design

I dunno, the emergency brakes on my 63 seem fairly straightforward and easy to service...;)
oh, that's right, that was the OLD design, before they made it BETTER! :D

And after all that, the inspection station didn't even check them, or the horn, or the brake lights......

Guess it's the mesmerizing power of C2s.

Oh well, at least I have working parking brakes now.

Doug

Hey, on my 65, you pull the handle, the brake light start flashing, the cable tighten's up, and the car just keeps going. No slow down at all.
Given the effectiveness of my parking brake, I had the durn car converted to a dual master cylinder. I now feel better, but still hate not having a parking brake, in case I have to stop on a step up hill. The brake would be better than riding the clutch. Oh well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom