Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 climate control light?

dougvette79

Corvette
1979 Frost Blue Coupe L48
Can anyone tell me if the climate controls in my stock '79 are supposed to be illuminated? I swear they were when I first got the car in '95 (or did I dream it!), but I know they have not lit up for a least a couple years. When I looked underneath recently I saw no bulb or wiring harness for a light. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Doug

Dougvette79

I assume you are talking about your heater/AC controls on the console? There is no light beneath the controls. The light is above them and shines down! It is located between the two center air vents on the top of the gauge cluster. It is just a small hole in the gauge cluster pointing directly down toward the console controls. Problem is to remove the bulb you have to take the center gauge cluster out. Not too difficult, just a little time consuming to replace a $2.00 bulb. I speak from experience! However, when replacing the bulb, it is a special style bulb that is made to direct the light out of the end or top of the bulb. I bought mine from Corvette Central. Good Luck and have fun!

MarkSha

Boy, I wish I knew that last week before I put the last of the dash back together with a standard bulb. That explains why there is very little light produced.

Bob

Thanks Mark!
You've saved me from a serious head-scratcher. Plus, I now have another good excuse to take out the tops this weekend and cruise down to Mid America Designs (only 25 miles away) so I can pick up the bulb - a win-win situation!

thanks again to Mark and the Forum,
Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom