Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 Emblem Locations

M

mhc64

I am working on my 69 Coupe and the previous owner took all of the emblems off and filled in the holes. Where can I find information on measurements so that I can replace the nose emblem, fender emblems and the rear corvette emblem?

Thanks

1st of all welcome to CAC!!!

2nd....beat way to find out where the emblems and such were located is an assembly manual for you year vette!!

Thank you for the welcome and suggestion. The assembly manual I have shows the measurements for the fender emblem, but only position above the fender centerline. It doesn't show how it is centered above the louvers. There is also nothing showing the rear corvette emblem or the front crossed flags. The manual I have is supposed to be the "official" GM manual sold through Corvette America. Is there a better version out there?

I bought a real nice used emblem for $10 at a swap meet today, so now I am in exactly the same boat on my 75 - only mine appears to be a front clip from a 77 or 78 so the holes that were filled are too far apart.

I need to know the location of the holes (distance from the front edge of the fiberglass would be very helpful).

My assembly manual shows the step where the emblem is installed, but not where the holes are. Maybe I am not looking in the right section.

In most case’s when an emblem hole is filled, all you have to do is look at the back side of the panel to see where the holes were. You’ll need to look on the back side for either filler ooze! If you don’t see anything, get a bright flash lamp and hold it in the general area. You can usually see holes through the fiberglass this way. The pigment of the filler will not be the same as the original fiberglass and thus, it will show you where the original holes were.

The assembly manual will get you in the exact area too, but if you want to hit the old original holes finding them is the best way.

Willcox Inc

I like your approach Wilcox, but it won't help me, as my front clip is from a 77 or 78 and the holes for that year emblem are in a different spot than my 75 car.

Argh - I was at that swap meet yesterday and I can now visualize front clip parts - I should have measured one.

I spent a lot of time poring over the assembly manual and could not locate the section where you drill the holes for the front emblem. I found the measurements for the side emblems and the section where the front is installed, but nothing on measurements for the front. They must have had some template at the factory?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom