Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale C3 Master Cylinder?????

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

Tayninh

Corvette
Nup!
Hello,,,,,,,,,,I picked this up "years ago" in a trade, thinking it is a C3 Corvette Master Cylinder? Have no idea as to value, but would like to sell it. I see they now make reproductions, but feel this would be original equipment, does that fact "make any difference? Can anybody tell me if my assumption is correct, and if so, anybody interested? Thanks, Don

Attachments

• Carb 6.jpg
    Carb 6.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Carb 7.jpg
    Carb 7.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Carb 5.jpg
    Carb 5.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Carb 3.jpg
    Carb 3.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 54
  • Master Cylinder BORE.jpg
    Master Cylinder BORE.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 53
There are an abundance of C2 and C3 master cylinders (fits both) on the market. Just judging from the pictures that master will need a complete overhaul and since it's been sitting so long the cylinder is probably rusted and pitted. It will probably be a crapshoot on a rebuild.

There are an abundance of C2 and C3 master cylinders (fits both) on the market. Just judging from the pictures that master will need a complete overhaul and since it's been sitting so long the cylinder is probably rusted and pitted. It will probably be a crapshoot on a rebuild.
Hello Douglas, I hadn't thought about the bore, and since you are the only one who has answered, I thought I reply to you. I have attached a "not very good" picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,but when I checked, the bore is as smooth as "babies butt"! Now, could you give me a better estimate as to value to someone who might want to rebuild it? Thanks
Don

Attachments

• Master Cylinder BORE.jpg
    Master Cylinder BORE.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 52
Hi Don.... don't shoot the messenger but even with a clean bore (which you really wouldn't be able to tell unless it was disassembled) it would only be worth about $35 to $50.

Hi, not going to shoot anyone, your answer of $35 to $50 was what I wanted to hear, thanks for the info. By the way (which you really wouldn't be able to tell unless it was disassembled) the picture I sent WAS of the bore which was disassembled. Thanks again.
Don

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom