Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C3 power window motor

mrrecon4

Corvette
1981 silver coupe
I have a problem first even though this is my first time asking for help you vette fans have help me alot in your posts and answers thanks.
1. when taking out the widow motor on a 81 they alwas tell you to disconnect the cam but never say where it is or what it looks like(what is it). I took this motor out once already and replaced it but after I put it back in and started to adjust the window it started to act like i have bad teeth on the reg. or motor I swear i checked them is there any other reason for it to act like that the teeth are bad it only does it at the top. the motor keeps running with the window all the way up and I have to give it a little help to drop it. Any help would be great thanks.

1st welcome to CAC!!!
hope you enjoy the forums!!!

2nd I'm having the same issue with my '81
D/s window,motor went bad last summer changed it,
now it doesn't work right.
the motor I bought was a bit too long and didn't bolt up correctly,
so I bought another motor and plan on changing it out some time this week..I will remove the entire assembly this time to do it...

1st welcome to CAC!!!
hope you enjoy the forums!!!

2nd I'm having the same issue with my '81
D/s window,motor went bad last summer changed it,
now it doesn't work right.
the motor I bought was a bit too long and didn't bolt up correctly,
so I bought another motor and plan on changing it out some time this week..I will remove the entire assembly this time to do it...

thanks let me know how it goes

Check the regulator gear (the half moon looking gear) Most of the time the last two teeth get knocked off and thats what happens.I rebuilt my regulator and it works great and it wasent that hard of a job.zipps corvette had a great step by step how to on their web site.

Just had to the the motor itself out...BUT....
IF your not careful(or ready for it..don't ask how I know):L:L the spring on the regulator will push the window up with nothing to stop it except the stops at the end top of the channel(FYI)
I decided not to take everything out so I would not have to drill the rivets...Its a little tight but not that bad to change.a small socket and ratchet or a comb wrench will work nicely.
re adjusted window and it works GREAT!!!!:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom