Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 (1988) NOS addition - timing/spark plug recommendations?

afree029

Corvette
1988 Silver Coupe
I am in the process of installing a 150 HP WET NOS system on my C4. I have already upgraded the ignition system with the MSD Digital 6 box which I plan to use to retard the spark while on the bottle as I am running a Hypertech ThermoMaster chip (which I was told by Hypertech tech support does apply some aggressive timing).
Two questions:
Anyone else have a similiar setup? and if so what have you learned regarding timing advance/retard when on the bottle. Good staring points, max advance, etc....)
Also I am using this opportunity to change the plugs as well (dreading it) and have heard various stories regarding plug choices on NOS equipped cars. Any info or advice in this area would be greatly appreciated. Currently I am running the Bosch Platinum 4 plugs.

NOS results

I am in the process of installing a 150 HP WET NOS system on my C4. I have already upgraded the ignition system with the MSD Digital 6 box which I plan to use to retard the spark while on the bottle as I am running a Hypertech ThermoMaster chip (which I was told by Hypertech tech support does apply some aggressive timing).
Two questions:
Anyone else have a similiar setup? and if so what have you learned regarding timing advance/retard when on the bottle. Good staring points, max advance, etc....)
Also I am using this opportunity to change the plugs as well (dreading it) and have heard various stories regarding plug choices on NOS equipped cars. Any info or advice in this area would be greatly appreciated. Currently I am running the Bosch Platinum 4 plugs.

I would like to here your opinons on the NOS when your all done. I have been thinking about the kit myself.

Sure thing. I hope to have it all installed by the weekend. I'll be sure to post updates and pics of the entire setup as well as things I learn along the way. So far the actual installation has been pretty simple. The hardest parts (so far) was finding a suitable way to mount the WOT throttle switch and the MSD Digital 6 Box.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom