Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C4 Alarm Problem

Sld_Gld

Corvette
2005 Silver Coupe
On occasion, the alarm will sound on my '85 after pressing the locking button on the inside of the door and then closing the door. As the problem occurs rather infrequently and the alarm can be turned off by unlocking the door with my key from the outside, it's more of a nuisance than a major problem. However, it would be nice to prevent this from occurring. Any suggestions where to begin researching the problem will be much appreciated.

Dennis R
Sheboygan Falls, Wi

I am surprised no one responded. My 86 does the same thing. The door jam switch was loose in my car. Fixed the problem by shimmimg the switch.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check the switch and let you know what I find!

The switches mounted in the door jamb for both doors are secure and do not appear to be a problem. Thanks for the tip regardless!

Last edited:
Since your problem only happens occasionally, the problem is probably that the door switches need to be adjusted for more travel. They both need to be "open circuit" switches when the door is closed. Maybe a small spacer could be glued to your door jamb where the switches touch, if the switches can't be adjusted.

:cool

Thanks for the tip! I'll need to experiment with this potential solution before the winter weather arrives in Wisconsin. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom