Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 brakes on a C1

TopLess62

Corvette
1962 White Custom
Does anyone have any experience putting C4 front brakes on a '62 on the cheap?

My car was chopped, hacked and generally #$#$^%#'ed up before I bought it. Its completely NON numbers matching and I love driving it like it was a rental but I really like to stop when I need to so I am trying to teach myself to learn how to upgrade my brakes.

Unfortunately, a wife, 2 kids, a mortgage and a really bad Michigan economy have put spending any real money on the back burner. Nothing more than anyone else, I am sure!!!

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!!

No way to do that "on the cheap", as those calipers and rotors won't work on C1 spindles, and require 17"-18" wheels to clear them. Several outfits make conversion kits that use regular GM (Camaro, Chevelle, etc.) calipers and rotors on the C1 spindles.

:beer

I've got C4 brakes on all four wheels of my 61 using the stock spindles and 15 in. Weldwheel rims. To do this takes alot of machine work. I had to fabricate my own caliper mounts to get the rotors and calipers to fit. The parts are reasonably easy to come by, the time and effort are not.

John is right...it would be easier to go with an aftermarket camaro setup

After Market

I converted my front to disc and put a dual master in using bolt on kits, works for me.

I used an ECI kit and it worked fine for me about 5 years ago. The kit uses Camaro rotors and calipers...

I already had a dual master cylinder installed, it was one of the first upgrades I did 20+ years ago, I purchased the dual mc from Power Master Brakes...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom