Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Dash

Vettepirate

Corvette
2002 Blue z06
Out of curiosity, can someone tell me when the C4 went from the digital dash to the analog one?

Its a bit silly, but that dash is probably the single most important factor that would lead to me buying a C4. I get a huge kick out of seeing the digital display do its work, its like a jet fighter or something, it reminds me of the arcade games i played as a kid, which really wasnt that long ago i guess, being a measly 22 :D

I know theres more important reasons to buy a car, but that dash really is my kind of thing, and the retro interior is definately cool too, everything about this car could only remind me of the late 80s, which is totally slick in my book. :)

I believe that the last year for the fully digital guages was 89, then in 90 they went to a mix of digital and analog. The 85-89 dash was more refined from the 84 also.

Ah yes! our digital display, it is a love - hate relationship!

Tom

Thanks

Most sources ive heard from havent had problems with the dash system, so im not overly concerned about that.

The digital dash is cool. It's like playing Atari once again! Talk about the 80's. :L

Thanks

Most sources ive heard from havent had problems with the dash system, so im not overly concerned about that.

Good luck! I love my 86, and with all the resources here on CAC, we can fix about anything on these cars.

Tom

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me when the C4 went from the digital dash to the analog one?

Its a bit silly, but that dash is probably the single most important factor that would lead to me buying a C4. I get a huge kick out of seeing the digital display do its work, its like a jet fighter or something, it reminds me of the arcade games i played as a kid, which really wasnt that long ago i guess, being a measly 22 :D

I know theres more important reasons to buy a car, but that dash really is my kind of thing, and the retro interior is definately cool too, everything about this car could only remind me of the late 80s, which is totally slick in my book. :)

One of the reasons I bought a '90, was because of the analog guages. In researching Corvettes prior to my purchase, I concluded that the post-'89 dashes were much less troublesome and cost less to repair.
The another reason was the nose and the tail styling. 1990 was the last year for the early C-4 style. I think it is unique because of those reasons.

So, I thought, "You only live once," and bought a convertible. And damned glad I did.

I remember the 1997 C5 vette went to analog gauges instead of the partial digital dash of the C4. Boy....was I disappointed! I thought the digital was the s***! Seeing the 97 at an auto show, that was the only thing I didn't like about it. Guess I'm not alone. Gotta love the C4 electronics!

show not go

digital display became frustrating when the engine was modded...flashing segments cannot be read until rpm's stagnate....ok for static display only

digi-dash is bubble-wrapped, boxed for possible resto someday, but analog gauge dash is now in my 86, based on 90 firebird pieces--no sensor changes, plugs into vette harness.

digital display became frustrating when the engine was modded...flashing segments cannot be read until rpm's stagnate....ok for static display only

digi-dash is bubble-wrapped, boxed for possible resto someday, but analog gauge dash is now in my 86, based on 90 firebird pieces--no sensor changes, plugs into vette harness.

Wow! that's great to know, there was another thread sometime back discussing the possibilites of changing to analog, but no one had a really good answer on how to do it. do you have any pics?
-Tom

cheap camera (pilot error?)

vettedash2002.jpg

vettedash2001.jpg

toggle switch below the speedo is hi-low range selector...numbers on the white (sorry they washed out in flash) go to 300 MPH, its a firebird 140 MPH speedo originally.

Beautiful job! I bet there are alot of guys that would like to convert over to your
dash.
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom