Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Fuel Injectors clogged?

glazounov

Corvette
1994 "Arrest-Me-Red" LT-1 Convertible
Hello all,

I often store my 1994 LT1 convertible during the winter. I go through all of the standard preps, including adding Stabil to the fuel tank to avoid the "gumming" up of the fuel. In the last 15 years, I have never had a problem when I get it running again. However, this year, after a longer storage of 11 months (in humid South Florida instead of the usual Montana), the engine starts (barley!) and has an extremely ROUGH, limping and stumbling idle. I have to keep my foot on the accelerator in order to maintain any idle at all. When I attempt to drive (automatic trans), the car immediately stalls. It will NOT handle any load whatsoever, forward or reverse.

My assumption is that the injectors or fuel line are gummed up, regardless of the Stabil in the system. I don't have a lot of tools here, and I can't drive it to a shop (I can't even back it out of the garage!), so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what could be going on and what I can do to fix it!

THANKS so much for your time! :)

Denny

How much fuel is in the car?

Is the check engine light on?

How much fuel is in the car?

Is the check engine light on?

Hello Hib!

I have always stored it with a full tank of fuel (and an oil change), so the tank is currently full.

The "check engine" light is NOT on.

THANKS!

Failed "Opti-Spark", perhaps.
Vacuum leak of epic proportions.
Lots of water in the fuel.
Perhaps even rodents having chewed up injector harness

If you don't have tools and it runs so bad you can't drive it, I'd go looking for a service shop and a roll-back tow truck.

Failed "Opti-Spark", perhaps.
Vacuum leak of epic proportions.
Lots of water in the fuel.
Perhaps even rodents having chewed up injector harness

If you don't have tools and it runs so bad you can't drive it, I'd go looking for a service shop and a roll-back tow truck.

Thanks, Hib! That's my plan!

glazounov

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom