Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 full front suspension rebuild and lowering kit

rrubel said:
Looks sweet! Pity most of that will be hidden beind the wheel :( .
[RICHR]

I agree, but the real pity is the amount of $$$$$ in parts this has cost for something that can not be seen! Other than the car being lowered, nobody will ever know the amount of care, time, expense, and trouble that has gone into making the ground control on this car brand new. Not to mention, I am seriously considering putting her back on the chopping block. All this suspension work may end up making somebody else very happy as if and when I sell the car, somebody is going to get a heck of a bargain.

69MyWay said:
I agree, but the real pity is the amount of $$$$$ in parts this has cost for something that can not be seen! Other than the car being lowered, nobody will ever know the amount of care, time, expense, and trouble that has gone into making the ground control on this car brand new. Not to mention, I am seriously considering putting her back on the chopping block. All this suspension work may end up making somebody else very happy as if and when I sell the car, somebody is going to get a heck of a bargain.

Well I know the amount of care, time, expense, and trouble:)

69MyWay said:
This thread will contain some usefull info for anybody considering a full front suspension rebuild.

Chris,

Maybe I missed it in the reading, but how many miles are on your 1990 C4 per this rebuild?

6 Shooter

Re: Re: C4 full front suspension rebuild and lowering kit

6 Shooter said:
Chris,

Maybe I missed it in the reading, but how many miles are on your 1990 C4 per this rebuild?

6 Shooter

I don't recall the exact number of miles, but is is around 150K.

You would never know it to see it, and my wife drove it like a doll baby (except on the autocross track) for about 5 years.

Re: Re: Re: C4 full front suspension rebuild and lowering kit

69MyWay said:
I don't recall the exact number of miles, but is is around 150K.

You would never know it to see it, and my wife drove it like a doll baby (except on the autocross track) for about 5 years.

My LT4 has 29K on it and I was wondering when I might need to do this.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom