Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 Gill Lights Looking for Feedback

mcich7781

Corvette
1991 Zr-1
I wanted to add some personal touches to my (new to me) LT4 Red Coupe. I thought the backlighting the front fender gills might look cool. I saw these Orange LED Strips on the Crutchfield Website. They are 6 inches long, have self adhesive and are bright enough to light up the gill and bathe the fender in light for about 10 inches.

In addition, they are wired to my front amber side lights. The gill lights are quite bright from behind and are on solid with the front side marker light. They also blink when the turn signal is applied (lights on). They make a nice side turn signal indicator for lane changes and the sort. See the pictures attached.

I think that's a kool idea :)
I'd like some kinda innocent way of having a blinding rear light available for those pesky tailgators that can't take the hint of a light double tap on the brakes. (I've given some thought to a light double tap on a 12 gauge mounted behind a flip-away license plate holder :)

I think they look great, must add to the visibility of the car too!:beer

I think so. Since they are visible from the side you want to stick with Yellow or Orange. With the orange color it looks like there is a fire in the fender.

MCC

I have seen these at local Corvette shows and they look good. I have thoought about getting these, and for $23 + ship, I think I will get them installed in the spring. :)

Where on the Crutchfield site did you find these and what are they called or a part number would help. I like them but could not find them on that site. thanks in advance...tom

Side view in dark.

attachment.php

Wow! That is nice. :thumb

Now, if you get the intensity to increase with vehicle speed.... hmmm. :D

I REALLY like the idea of using them as turn signals and I may steal your idea! (I promise to mention I got the idea from a guy on CAC when people compliment on them as they no doubt will!):beer
My contribution will be buying those cool stainless grills ......then the LED's will backlight it:)

I think that's a kool idea :)
I'd like some kinda innocent way of having a blinding rear light available for those pesky tailgators that can't take the hint of a light double tap on the brakes. (I've given some thought to a light double tap on a 12 gauge mounted behind a flip-away license plate holder :)

Jesus Tony! We do think alike! I have thought of mounting something like a barret .50 in the hatch area on a tripod pointing rearward :boogie
I also thought of buying a harness bar and turning it into a rack .....pickup truck style :w

I REALLY like the idea of using them as turn signals and I may steal your idea! (I promise to mention I got the idea from a guy on CAC when people compliment on them as they no doubt will!):beer
My contribution will be buying those cool stainless grills ......then the LED's will backlight it:)

Jesus Tony! We do think alike! I have thought of mounting something like a barret .50 in the hatch area on a tripod pointing rearward :boogie
I also thought of buying a harness bar and turning it into a rack .....pickup truck style :w

hehe
The closest I came to a rear action device was when I had a 74 Merc with a 460 V7 (it had one bad cylinder). When I floored it thick oily, smelly smoke would spew out the tailpipes. Tailgators would drop back immediately.

Sigh .... I so miss that old Merc wagon.

I did this last year... it's tricky to run the wire and get the light to stay in one spot behind the side port opening used red lights

i think it looks great at night...... take a look at my signiture picture i have lights in the gills...

cac10.jpg

evil red glow coming from the gills

Looks great! What color did you use?

I had this in last year and took them out after a while to improve the way it was wired I used a red LED trailer-mounted side running light from Wal-mart.... it was tricky to get this to work but i have to get a better way to wire it up for now I liked the way it looked

haha you noticed Huh?

They come in Green, Neo Blue, Orange and Red $22.99 + the ususal other crap.
Got a pair of Orange and will put them on my 96 LT1 CE

Well I have 2 problems with them 1 is they would be illegal in most states and while I would expect to see something like that on a Ricer it is too ghetto for a Corvette. :puke

NO THANKS I WILL PASS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom