Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 ignition key needed

roger longman

Corvette
1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
Hi all, I need to have a duplicate ignition key cut for my '88 C4. It seemed to me that Ecklers say that there's just one blank for the '86-'94 models. So do I take my key to the dealer and they cut from it ? Thanks for any help on this......Roger.

Your key has a resistor chip in it , that needs to be matched. Dealer can read your key and give you the right one.

Glenn

The dealer should be able to cut the right key from the VIN.

If all you need is a duplicate, look in your local phone book for a full service locksmith. That's all I did, the "lock and key" shop had a machine that measured the correct key value and from that they matched me with the right blank. Works every time, and it cost a whopping 19.00 for the key.

You won't be able to get this done at wally world or the local home depot or lowes. You need a locksmith shop.

88 ignition key

Hi all, I need to have a duplicate ignition key cut for my '88 C4. It seemed to me that Ecklers say that there's just one blank for the '86-'94 models. So do I take my key to the dealer and they cut from it ? Thanks for any help on this......Roger.
Roger,
they are mistaken!!! there are 15 different possibilities for an 88....they all have a "chip" in the key that completes the circuit and disables/enables the VATS system....go to a dealer and have the resistance measured for the chip unless u have an ohm meter handy...I bought one on ebay from the manufacturer that supplies GM...car dealer wanted $38 and e-bay was $12 including shipping...The guy on e-bay is Wolf manufacturing....it even comes in the GM part bag!!

good luck

Jeff

Thanks Glen, Bill, Dave, and Jeff, I'll ohm the key and order the blank.......Roger..:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom