Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C4 Luggage Rack

stevbullock

Corvette
1994 Arctic White Convertible
I'm interested in getting a luggage rack for my 1994 convertible. No luck anywhere so far, so I thought I'd see if anyone has a lead on one. Otherwise I believe I can get a stainless C3 rack and have a local machininst modify it, but that will be quite expensive.

First - let me say :welcome Glad you joined us!

As for your topic - I've read both sides of the "luggage rack" debate but I've always thought they looked really good on the C4. :thumb

Good luck with your search. I haven't heard of any available in a long time but you may come across one removed by an owner that didn't like them so much.

:wJane Ann

P.S. My gone but not forgotten first Corvette, a '94 also:

1994_TorchRed_Convertible.jpg

I'll keep looking.

First - let me say :welcome Glad you joined us!

As for your topic - I've read both sides of the "luggage rack" debate but I've always thought they looked really good on the C4. :thumb

Good luck with your search. I haven't heard of any available in a long time but you may come across one removed by an owner that didn't like them so much.

:wJane Ann

P.S. My gone but not forgotten first Corvette, a '94 also:

1994_TorchRed_Convertible.jpg
Your Your 94 was very nice, I'll keep looking.

When I had my 94 vert, I purchased two new luggage racks, one on e-bay and the other from the GM dealer. Was told by dealer I had purchased the last one GM had in stock (2006) as far as they could tell. Installed one and sold the other to a friend on the CAC. For information purposes, if you happen to find one, you should ask if it comes with the template that accompanies the new ones. The template allows one to correctly drill the holes in the rear deck and get a precise fit. Without this template, it will be difficult to install, but not impossible. Also, you will need all of the well-nuts to attach the rack to the rear deck. Hope you are successful in finding one. I know that for my purposes, the luggage rack was essential and I used it frequently. I placed a large plastic drip pan between the luggage and the rack to prevent the luggage or item being carried from rubbing on the rear deck paint. Used short bungy cords to hold the items on the rack.
Barrett

I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your kind reply. I may be tilting at windmills.

You're welcome, that's what the CAC is all about, helping. Don't give up, maybe you should try some salvage yards on line such as Tabor Corvette Parts, or e-bay. You might get lucky, but keep on searching.
Barrett

Good Luck

I've been looking for my '92. They do show up on ebay occasionally usually prices end up at $400.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom