Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale C4 REAR AXLE X-TRACKER HUB/SPINDLE ADAPTER KIT

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

Coupe de jour

Corvette
1991 Red Coupe L98
Hi,

I wanted to let members know that this kit will be available soon at Vansteel. If you are interested, I recommend you visit the Vansteel website:

Vansteel

Using the "Contact Us" tab you can leave your contact info and preference for a kit configuration (stock, Wilwood, or C5 brake). Knowing you preference will influence what versions are initially produced.

Kit Details Follow:

The Vansteel X-Tracker Hub/Spindle Adapter Kit combines a PoppySpeed Racing aluminum 7075-T6 hub adapter and a C5/C6 30 spline 300M spindle to allow the use of the SKF Racing X-Tracker Hub on 88-96 Corvette rear axles. Also available for 85-87 Corvettes.

SKF's X-Tracker consists of a double row angular contact ball bearing arrangement, in which the outboard row is at a higher diameter and contains more balls than the inner row. This unique design increases the bearing's capacity while improving hub stiffness by 50% over a traditional tapered bearing unit.
A stiffer hub provides many benefits including:
* Wheels runs truer during cornering and acceleration
* Reduces deflection of the hub face and wheel for better steering, handling, and vehicle dynamic behavior
* Reduces brake wear due to true running of rotors, which helps reduce brake warranty costs
* Improves both NVH (noise/vibration/harness) characteristics and bearing performance
* Provides designers and systems integrators an alternative to a tapered bearing unit, freeing them to improve overall vehicle performance

The PoppySpeed Racing aluminum hub is CNC milled from billet 7075 aluminum heat treated to T6 specifications. It mounts in the stock bearing bracket location and provides provisions for mounting the X-Tracker bearing including machined passages for ABS wiring.

The C5/C6 30 spline 300M spindle allows the C4 half shaft to be compatible with the SKF Racing X-Tracker Hub. As well, the updated spindle provides a significant increase in torque capacity over the stock 27 spline unit. The new spindle does not have a reluctor wheel provision, but the X-Tracker bearing incorporates a built-in ABS sensor which is used to replace the functionality of the stock ABS sensor.

The kit was designed as a completely bolt-on upgrade. No machining is required, and the kit preserves the stock wheel offset, full ABS functionality, and compatibility with either the stock brakes, Wilwood Big Brake Kit, or C5 style brake systems as specified when the kit is ordered.

I am running the prototype on my car with the Wilwood Big Brake version and I'm really happy with the results. The car is very stable during cornering, there were no alignment issues, and the ABS works perfectly.

IMG_1826 - Copy.jpg

The kit will be offered in the $2500-$2700 range. I'll post the actual price as soon as I get it.

The first parts are just now coming off the production line and will be for stock brake or Wilwood brake applications. Kit pricing is $2499 plus shipping.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom