Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 seats in a C3

try2pas

Corvette
1972- original; 1980 - restomod; 2016 - Z06
Has anyone tried putting in C4 seats in a C3? If so what years would be best and how is the seat heighth compared to the C3 seats? How about comfort? Ease of installing?

I am doing this mod.

I decided to make this upgrade because of comfort and support.:D My factory seats were worn out and I happened upon a good deal on c4 seats. The c4 seats are a lot lighter!

I have some photos, however I am not finished with this upgrade. What I decided to do was cut the mounting brackets of off the manual c4 tracks to lower the seats. The c4 seats at stock height sit about 2 1/2 inches higher than c3 stock height. This lowers c4 seat to about same height.

I traced a template of how the c3 seat mounting pads were in relation to the seat. Like is the seat centered on the pads? No! Looking from under neath the c3 seat you can see that the seat is offset to one side slightly.

I got a piece of 1/8 x 2 x 48 inches steel that you can find at ACE, or Home depot, or others.
I put the c4 seat on top of the template to get the right position with a similar offset as on the c3 seats.
This is were I am now. I am working on other areas of my car now.

Aaron1

I have heard of using the Pontiac Fiero seats in the C3's and have seen what they look like, I think they look pretty nice plus I see that they make seat covers for them with Corvette logo's.. I for got the site but you could google them. Here is a link Corvette C3 Fiero Seat Swap :cool!:

Has anyone tried putting in C4 seats in a C3? If so what years would be best and how is the seat heighth compared to the C3 seats? How about comfort? Ease of installing?

I have '91 seats in my '78. I LOVE THEM!!! I mounted the seat frames to the C3 tracks; took about a day in the shop to get them figured out. I do have picture of the tracks after welding the '91 mounting taps on. It was a lot of fitting to get the seat to fit on the tracks and still be able to slide front and back. IT is well worth the work to put them in. The ride is great and they look good to.

Gary
Save the Wave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom