Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 trailer hitch

G Winter

Corvette
1990 red convert 6 sp
Does anyone have a trailer hitch installed on their C4. If so I would like to see some pictures of how and where it is mounted. Measurements would be helpfull. I have found a picture of one online but no way of knowing how they mount it.I want to build a bracket for a luggage rack out the back. What I have in mind is to mount it the same way a hitch is mounted and want to be sure I don't put it on a place that I could damage something. Thank You.
Glenn
:w

Please , someone has to have a hitch on a C4.

Glenn

Glenn, I recall a thread on this subject a while ago. The answer, if I remember correctly, was NO. Apparently there was an outfit that made one, but they no longer are available. I guess the big question is where/how you could attach one.

Bob

Yes I was hoping someone had one so I could find out how it is attached. I think I know what to do but want to be sure. I did find a good picture of a hitch online and think they can still be gotten, but I don't really need or want a hitch.I may resort to checking a couple other vette forums.Maybe I will get lucky.
Glenn

I just went outside and I was able to crawl under the car and take some pictures. I remove the spare tire last summer but it fits well. Sorry guys, car is not too clean since it is my winter beater.

This is very strong. I have an other big trailer and I transport all sort of material when I do construction work on my house. My C4 is actually my Pick-Up Truck also. The shop who installed the hitch told me that it was good for more than 2000 pounds.

C4Hitch.JPG

C4HitchB.JPG

C4HitchC.JPG

DVC00207LeKitReduit.JPG

Thank you very much. That will help a lot. It looks as though my concerns about what is strong enough under the back isn't really that much of a concern. I can see from your pictures where it is attached. I can now take my measurements and build my brackets. I have to get moving on this, there are lots of small things to be done before the trip to Bowling Green in June.:upthumbs

Glenn

I have one. Standby, I'm looking for instructions. Don't think I took any pics though. There are still some available.
Trailer Hitch | hitchweb
Trailer Hitch | hitchweb
Click on the instructions and you can get them sent PDF. They used to just have them on a web page, but the link is no good anymore. This is a good looking hitch, barely noticable until.....you do stuff like this :L
DSCWoodSplitter740_640.jpg

DSCBackHome586_640.jpg

I know this thread is beyond dead, but this was something I was curious about. I have a KwickKamp trailer that isn't made anymore I pull behind my RoadKing when my wife and I go camping. I figured if the bike has no issues pulling it the LT4 should have no idea it is back there. The link given is still active and list the hitch to fit the vette. This I am going to investigate a little further. This just might be a doable thing. Below are a pics of me, bike, and trailer, and trailers set up at camp. They aren't huge but have a queen size bed and enough room to stand and get dressed. There is quiet abit of storage space under the tent which unfolds off the top.

DSC02889.jpgDSC03696.jpg

Last edited:
At the time the hitch was no longer available. I couldn't find one anywhere. Seems for some reason they started producing them again. I used that very picture to make my own hitch. It worked well for me and still have it although it isn't on the car. If you plan on putting much tongue weight on it you may want to put some sort of spring boosters on the car. With luggage hung out the back it was borderline for decent handling. With what your planning to pull I don't see a problem.

At the time the hitch was no longer available. I couldn't find one anywhere. Seems for some reason they started producing them again. I used that very picture to make my own hitch. It worked well for me and still have it although it isn't on the car. If you plan on putting much tongue weight on it you may want to put some sort of spring boosters on the car. With luggage hung out the back it was borderline for decent handling. With what your planning to pull I don't see a problem.

The KwickKamp has a 360 degree swivel hitch. when I have max loaded it to pull behinf the bike I couold grab it by the makeshif handle and easily raise the touge and walk around with it. Probably max it has had tounge wait since I have had it is 75lbs, and it was packed full including the cooler.:beer

Your corvette will hardly know it is there. I assume your just going to buy a hitch. If you would get the idea you would want to build one I could get it out and take measurments and send pictures. without the reciever mine is invisible unless you stick your head under the car .

Your corvette will hardly know it is there. I assume your just going to buy a hitch. If you would get the idea you would want to build one I could get it out and take measurments and send pictures. without the reciever mine is invisible unless you stick your head under the car .

Probably going to buy. I bought this place a year ago and it has a 30x30 metal shop but I have to do the dirt work in it and poor concrete before it becomes very usable. My bike are worked on between a derksin lofted barn they both fit in with a bench, air compressor, and my rolling tool chest, and a 20 foot derksin cabin. I don't see that as much of an option for working on the vette right now.:L It has me kind of limited on resources.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom