Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 water drains

MoeJr

Corvette
Vetteless
Can someone tell me where all the water drains are in the firewall area of a c4? Got a friend whom is getting water on the passenger side and it is not anti freeze. He found the 2 in the middle and I think one on the driver side lower part of the firewall but no more. Any help is greatly appreciated.

On My 1995 the water drain on the passenger side is under the AC condenser case. You will have to remove the side panel to get to it.
The drain is a long rubber tube about 8 inches in length and about 3\4 inch diameter with a rounded end. It is easy to get to and see with the panel off.

I recommend removing the tube, digging out the crud with your finger and then rinsing it clean with a hose.

One thing to note, if your buddy has had flooding in the passenger compartment, he should probably go ahead and just remove the seat and carpet to dry everything out.

It is VERY hard ( if not impossible) to suck the water back through the rubber coating on the carpet. The cotton material under the carpet soaks up water like sponge. It WILL mildew and a strange funky smell will forever fill the car.

Fix it now, don't wait for the mildew monster to eat the cotton under the carpet.

Just my 2 cents.

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom