Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 wiper blades

apbreg

Corvette
1995 Convertible
I replaced the wipers on my 95 C4 with ANCO blades (although I never drive my car in the rain, you still need to have functional wipers), and the replacements seem a little taller and interfere with the underside of the hood/cowl to the point of contact and rubbing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a brand that will be lower in profile and not give me the contact problem? Is there a special Corvette part I should get instead?

Repaced my blades on my 95 with Napa, 60-020-4. Made by Exact fit & they fit exactly.

Ive had the same problem with anco and other generic fit brands. It's the adapter that takes up too much space.
I always use oem blades although I've heard that trico are an exact fit.

Am I the only person that drives their vette in the rain? So far none of them has melted or anything like that. But, when I wash them I don't let them get wet.

Duralast blades from Autozone fit perfect too.

CG
The Trico Exact Fits do fit properly. However, I had one pop off in the rain on a long trip.:mad I found the nearest auto store which happened to be Autozone. Their blades fit properly as well, and the design of the mounting bracket provides a tighter fit on the pin type wiper arm. I now prefer the Autozone blades over the Trico on my vette. ;)

I used Anco AeroVantage Low Profile blades made especially to clear C-4 and Caddy XLR hoods. They work great and no clashing or clearance issues at all. :thumb

41B7YP371YL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Am I the only person that drives their vette in the rain? So far none of them has melted or anything like that. But, when I wash them I don't let them get wet.
I never understood not driving "my vette" in the rain.

CG

I never understood not driving "my vette" in the rain.

CG
There's this guy on another Corvette forum (you mean there is more than one?) who's panties are in a wad because his dealer only offered him $5,000 for his "pristine" '91 with 20,000 miles towards the purchase of a new Camaro.

Me? I drive my '91 every day rain or shine (except in the dead of winter - I have a Jeep Cherokee for that) because I know that cars make really lousy investments. Pickup trucks actually hold their value far better than Corvettes. If you bought yours with that in mind, as the Grail knight said in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" after the Nazi drank from the wrong cup:

he-chose-poorly.jpg

"He chose... poorly"

Indeed.

Everything has a value associated with it, but in general, cars do not make good investments, especially cars that were targeted for the masses. Perhaps, in time, the C4 will begin to appreciate.

I personally, will not buy (have not yet) an older car like a Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, etc that has been modified. I want it totally stock. I've seen work other people have done and it is not pretty most times, but it all depends on who did it.

CG

Good for you. I elect to avoid driving my Vette in the rain - but that's because it's more convenient for me. It's much harder to enjoy having the hatch vent installed and the windows down when there's a thunderstorm coming down - and I simply don't enjoy driving it as much when the rains are here. That's why I call the Vette a pleasure car - when the weather is nice and I have an extra 30 minutes, I drive it the long way to work, and I derive pleasure.

On the other hand, the last couple of times I took the Vette to the Museum, it rained on the way. I didn't panic, I didn't shed a tear, I simply drove right through it - no big deal. I did spend a bit of extra time cleaning it when I got home, but I wouldn't characterize my detailing as 'show quality' - it's just clean enough for me.

I really don't know why it bothers people one way or the other with respect to how I treat my car. If you drive your car in the rain, that's fine with me since I don't have to clean it. But why the sneering response to those of us that elect NOT to be storm chasers?

BTW - I bought GM parts when I got the car, but I've also looked at the Autozone replacement blades. They were close to the same price, so I went GM.

Steven

Good for you. I elect to avoid driving my Vette in the rain - but that's because it's more convenient for me. It's much harder to enjoy having the hatch vent installed and the windows down when there's a thunderstorm coming down - and I simply don't enjoy driving it as much when the rains are here. That's why I call the Vette a pleasure car - when the weather is nice and I have an extra 30 minutes, I drive it the long way to work, and I derive pleasure.

On the other hand, the last couple of times I took the Vette to the Museum, it rained on the way. I didn't panic, I didn't shed a tear, I simply drove right through it - no big deal. I did spend a bit of extra time cleaning it when I got home, but I wouldn't characterize my detailing as 'show quality' - it's just clean enough for me.

I really don't know why it bothers people one way or the other with respect to how I treat my car. If you drive your car in the rain, that's fine with me since I don't have to clean it. But why the sneering response to those of us that elect NOT to be storm chasers?

BTW - I bought GM parts when I got the car, but I've also looked at the Autozone replacement blades. They were close to the same price, so I went GM.

Steven

Its a goal thats often defeated by circumstance...driving a vette in the rain, or not.
Nobody wants to, and most would not if given a choice. Its a badge of honor to have a vette thats "never been wet" but it rarely last forever.
I had one new in '88 that went 2 yrs without seeing a wet street. I sat under over passes, hid in peoples shop, where ever I got caught, but I managed to keep it dry and sterile. I just could'nt imagine my nice shiney aluminum suspension being coated with road grime...but, it eventually happened and I lived, so did the car, and we moved on.

It was really nice to be in an exclusive club. never been wet....:beer few owners could make that claim and it was easy to detect the truth. It was fun while it lasted.

Now, living where I do the weather gets dark and the sky opens like a firehose and you may not see sunshine again for days...so you just deal with it. I have learned how to clean and maintain my underside and keep it pretty just like a piece of jewelry that has to be cleaned to keep its luster. Its not unusual to find me at a quarter car wash with a small floor jack under the edge to give me some room, and me laying on the ground in a rainsuit in the water with the spray wand blowing off the underside...
I guess I still look for that compliment when somebody notices the nice shiney stuff from the rear view and ask me if the car got some new suspension parts....and I love telling them "no, I just keep it clean..."

I just could'nt imagine my nice shiney aluminum suspension being coated with road grime...

When I got my car last year the "A" arms and suspension must have been 2 inches thick with road grime and grease:ugh I must have scraped, wiped and washed 100 lbs of that garbage from underneath the car. The poor thing hadn't been cleaned since 1990 fromthe looks of it.

She'll never be show quality, nor do I want her to be and as has previously been said, "clean enough for me";)

Anyway, my wipers work fine now.:upthumbs

I replaced the wipers on my 95 C4 with ANCO blades (although I never drive my car in the rain, you still need to have functional wipers), and the replacements seem a little taller and interfere with the underside of the hood/cowl to the point of contact and rubbing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a brand that will be lower in profile and not give me the contact problem? Is there a special Corvette part I should get instead?

CG

Anco AeroVantage blades will fit, too. They're low-profile and designed to clear C4 Corvette and Caddy XLR hoods. :thumb

41B7YP371YL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use the GM replacement blades ...prices have been competive and they clean the windshield pretty well.

My Vette has been driven in Rain, and Snow.....As a matter of FACT is was driven in a torrential Mississippi downpour this morning.

Mike

CG
After buying a second pair of Duralast wiper blades, I cannot recommend them. The second pair do not clear the hood. The Trico Exact Fit blades (From Advance Discount) appear to work great though (FTR 20-1) is the model number on the front of the package. $8.99 each.

These are a low profile design and have plenty of hood clearance.

CG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom