Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 - 2003 50th Anniversary, convertible - Issue with 'After Market' vehicle locator.

BostonED

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary red, convertible
Hi All, (new member)
I recently purchased a 2003, 50th Anniversary Red, convertible, from a Chevrolet dealer located about 3 hours away from my home.
It was very well taken care of, only had 50K miles on it, and one owner. I was also lucky to find many 'extras' included, in the trunk.

Because this is my first 'Vette, I also had the Cilajet paint application, a full warranty and an after market locator installed.

All was well, until a few weeks ago. (it finally rained here in southern CA) So, I hadn't started the car in three days.
When I went to unlock the car on day four, there was no distinct 'click' of the door unlocking. uh-oh!
I called AAA, and they replaced the battery, which I was fine with, after discovering it was three years old. I thought, if that's all it is, great!
Two days later, same issue...dead battery. I called AAA again again, got a jump, and drove the car to the nearest Chevrolet dealer because I had a great warranty.
After a couple of days, it was discovered that the hood light mercury switch sometimes allowed the hood light to stay on. I'm sure many of you are aware of this, but this is all new to me.
In addition to the hood switch, the other culprit was determined to be the locator. (similar to a Lo-Jack, but this wasn't Lo-Jack)
This was removed, the dealer where I originally purchased the car is re-reimbursing me for the battery, the cost of trouble-shooting by the dealer closest to me, as well as the cost of the locator.
I thought I would share this experience, and hope this helps someone who may be, or might have this issue in the future.
Glad to be a new member!!
Best regards,
Ed

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC! :w Also welcome to Corvette ownership. Sounds like you're learning right away some of the ins and outs. If you should have any questions, post them up, we have a great bunch of troubleshooters and techs here who can get you headed in the right direction. :thumb

Welcome to the fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom