Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! C5 2004 Fuel leak

ddeem303

Corvette
2004 Le Mans commemorative edition
If you have a 2004 Corvette and have discovered a fuel leak (at the rear of the vehicle) or if you have noticed a strong fuel smell at the rear of your car but no fuel on the ground you may still have time to have the problem fixed for free! Bought my 2004 used and did know about any recalls, went to the dealer and they found a service bulletin on 2004 corvettes. The corrective action is in effect for 10 YEARS from the first date when put in service or 100,000 miles. That gives many people till later this year to meet the 10 year deadline. I think there is even a reimbursement solution if you had it fixed at your expense, but do not hold me to that. Good Luck.

Welcome to the forum! :w

I think you're referring to the service bulletin (SB) describing a possible leak associated with the fuel tank quick-connector? If so, the SB only applies to a certain VIN range (at least on the copy I have): 45110258 through 45125500. But your post is a good 'heads-up' reminder for everyone!

Welcome to the forum! :w

I think you're referring to the service bulletin (SB) describing a possible leak associated with the fuel tank quick-connector? If so, the SB only applies to a certain VIN range (at least on the copy I have): 45110258 through 45125500. But your post is a good 'heads-up' reminder for everyone!

Exactly... :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom