Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c5 base seats vs. sport seats

D

dknjax

I am considering buying a 99 convertible and am a first time vette owner. Can someone tell me the difference between the base seats and the optional sport seats in that particular year. Also where is a good place to get new leather seat covers? I would think NOT at the dealership, right? Thanks for any and all help.

DKNJax,
First of all, welcome to the CAC! This forum has a vast amount of information for you to use as a resource, from insightful members, to our knowledgebase, history and tech & learning centers. Feel free to explore them all.

I have a Z06, which means the choice of seat mine came with was limited. But if works anything like my old '91, the sport seat option provides additional side bolster support over the standard seat.

As for finding leather seat covers, click on our sponsors tab at the top of the page- many of them will have leather sport seat covers, and I believe some of them offer a price break to CAC members.

Again, welcome! Glad to have you here.

:w
-Patrick

In my 1997t he Sport seats have lumbar control completely power and everything. My car has the memory option which is when you put your key in the ignition it automatically resumes your saved position. Enjoy the 99.

-Andy

I am not sure about bolsters and functional aspects but the sport seats in my 03 have a small cutout at the top near the headrest. The base seats and those in the Zs do not.

For seat covers, I do not think it gets any better than Vette Essentials. If you want less expensive, try Mid America Motor Works, West Coast Corvettes, or Ecklers.

Thanks for the info and help everyone. I just got the arctic white convertible today!!

dknjax said:
Thanks for the info and help everyone. I just got the arctic white convertible today!!
Congratulations! That sounds like a great car; you will have lots of fun in it. Don't forget to wave!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom