Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: C5 Corvette Gets Stuck in a Puddle During Heavy Rain Storm in Phoenix Arizona

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
The woman behind the wheel of this C5 Vette either didn’t see the warning signs that stated “Do not cross when flooded”, or just didn’t care and figured she would take a chance.* Unfortunately, she learned the hard way. As seen in this footage from 12News, the car struggles to get going again after being […]

More...

You just can't fix stupid.

Probably had a vacuum cleaner aftermarket CAI on too, which would just about guarantee hydro lock. :)

... Probably had a vacuum cleaner aftermarket CAI on too, which would just about guarantee hydro lock.

I thought the same thing. She got as much of a running start as she could to cross that small pond; the bow wave at only 10-15 mph was pretty impressive... I've always been told when crossing heavy water like that to creep along as slowly as possible so you avoid getting large amounts of water up into the engine compartment.

I also noticed her lights started acting strangely after the car got flooded. She probably messed up a bunch of electronics too...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom