Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Corvette Tuning

D

dvdvrd

I've recently inquired around about tuning the C5 as mine is beginning to bog in ever gear right around 3500rpm or greater. I've heard that there is a company in Northern California that sells Corvette tuning software that runs about $500.00. You connect your pc directly to a port in your vette, and the software runs diagnostics and automatically tunes your vette accordingly. Has anyone heard of this type of software, or the company name? I realize that I may have a fuel pump problem, but this software lead sounds like something I might be interested in.

Thanks,
Dave

Most things are tuned by the computer but first check the spark plug wires and plugs. Makes a big difference. Next ask some one who knows like c4c5 specialest. Mr Wizzard!!!

Bogging

Les,
Are you getting a check engine light? Let me know. I think I know what is wrong.

I may be getting one but my vettes o.k. dvdvrd is having the problem.

No, I'm not getting a check engine light. I've lost my mojo, man! No POWER! I'm surprised that nobody has heard of this computer software - I would love to be able to connect my vette to my laptop and tune it. Anyway, I'm also finding out that nobody likes to touch corvettes (as far as tuning/repair).

I talked with the owner of Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara (a place that tunes/dynos modified Mustangs), I was referred to him by the owner of WestCoast Corvettes in L.A.. He's the one who mentioned the Corvette software.

I was trying to avoid a trip down to LA, but looks like I have no alternative...

DVDVRD Problem

Sorry Les, It was kind of late when I posted that. It sounds strange that even a fuel pump problem wouldn't throw a code, and bring the light on. DVDVRD, do you have a fuel pressure gauge? It just sounds like it wouldn't be a fix by altering the program. Have you called up your codes to see what is going on? You can do this without a scanner, right from your dash. It very well can be computer related, but I believe not without some kind of record of it being stored in the memory.

first thing i'd check is the fuel filter. most likely its resrticted and you your motor is starving for fuel.

Loss of Mojo will occur when coolant temps rise above 192 -194 ..

(SUMMER HEAT ALONG WITH CALIFORNIAS CRAPPY GAS! )

Thats probably what you are experiencing.

What you are referring to for pcm updates is LS1edit. its a great tool but should be used by an experienced user on a dyno if at all possible.

If you go that route throw in a 178 degree thermostat before you start so you can have them alter the temperature that the fans kick in on.

Halltech in California as well as Mike Morgan Motorsports are two that come to mind for the PCM programing with ls1 edit.

Do the intake....the thermostat , the exhaust..maybe headers

then ls1 edit. its a great tool but again I would suggest one of the two guys mentioned above..(in california those are two I know of that do this kind of work.) Probably more resources than that.

JB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom