Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c5 drivers side window stopped working

bn2001vette

Corvette
2001 Coupe - Dark Bowling Green Metallic
Last week I was out taking a ride in my 2001 coupe and when I arrived back home and tried to put the drivers side window up, nothing happened. Has as anyone experienced this and if so what was the problem? i would appreciate any information you might have to pass on to me. Thank you!

Welcome to the CAC Forum. :w

Sorry to hear about your window problem.
You might get more responses to your question if you post it in the C5 Section on the CAC Forum.

67vet - Thank you - I took your advice and reposted to the c5 technical forum

Last week I was out taking a ride in my 2001 coupe and when I arrived back home and tried to put the drivers side window up, nothing happened. Has as anyone experienced this and if so what was the problem? i would appreciate any information you might have to pass on to me. Thank you!

Its common , you can hit the door panel with your hand to get it up or bite the bullet and put a new regulator on it . Good Luck

Welcome to CAC glad you've joined us :happyanim: As far as your window problem since it has been moved to the C5 section you should get more coverage. I would make sure first of all that you have power going to the motor from the switch.I'm sure others will chime in on this too.

-Bill

Thanks to all for your advice.

I tried hitting the inside of the door as advised but nothing happened so I decided to take my car to my mechanic to get his advice. After I told him the problem I was having he hit the inside of the door a lot harder than I did and the window did go up. I guess I need to start eating my Wheaties... :L

He advised me to replace the regulator (with motor) and I was able to pick up a new one for under $70 with a 2 year warranty.

:thanks: Bernie.....

152.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom