Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C5 "Front Rebar" - Where is it?

SleekStreak

Corvette
1999 Pewter Roadster
On several Corvette forums (including this one), there exists a list of features of C5 cars, sometimes referred to as "C5 Secrets." Included in this list is the item, " [FONT=&quot]The build sheet is in the front re-bar.[/FONT]" Where in the heck is the front re-bar?

Thanks!

The front "re-bar" or reinforcing bar is what some might call the front crossmember. It's the part of for frame between the front part of the two hydroformed rails.

On several Corvette forums (including this one), there exists a list of features of C5 cars, sometimes referred to as "C5 Secrets." Included in this list is the item, " [FONT=&quot]The build sheet is in the front re-bar.[/FONT]" Where in the heck is the front re-bar?

Thanks!
Under the front bumper fascia,(Bumper Cover) It's welded to the ends of the front frame rails!:thumb

Although the build sheet may well be in there, many have said that they more or less destroyed it getting it out. My suggestion would be spend a few bucks and get one from the NCM (National Corvette Museum). All they really need is your VIN # and they can reproduce an exact copy. The money you spend on it also goes to supporting "our" national museum.

Thanks to all for your responses!

Although the build sheet may well be in there, many have said that they more or less destroyed it getting it out. My suggestion would be spend a few bucks and get one from the NCM (National Corvette Museum). All they really need is your VIN # and they can reproduce an exact copy. The money you spend on it also goes to supporting "our" national museum.

Actually, Tom, I previously ordered both a build sheet and window sticker from NCM (I even got a second, laminated copy of each, thereby supporting '"our" national museum.') Primarily, I was interested from a curiosity standpoint, as I had never previously heard that a copy of the build sheet was somewhere on the vehicle, though I now have a vague memory of something about it that came up when I visited the assembly plant in Bowling Green.

Thanks again - I'll take a look on my car and see what I find.

Ohhhhh, so I see, this is just one of those things that we have to check to see if I can find it? Well, I wish you luck in your quest, if you do find it and retrieve it let us know. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom