Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Power Drain

CUZNBLU

Corvette
2004 CE coupe
My 2004 coupe has been draining the battery every few days. Has anyone experienced this and solved the problem? I'm hoping someone can point me to a wayward module. My mechanic has been trying to locate the drain source, but, isn't having much luck.

Hi CUZNBLU, I have a 2002 that started draining the battery every few hours. It had a 3 amp draw (off or running) that was tracked back to the gauge cluster in the dashboard. A connection went wild for some reason. It was fixed by removing the cluster and then reinstalling it. Problem disappeared and has been gone for a couple months at this point. No idea why it started. Car was just sitting parked in the driveway when it first went dead.

Thanks trhue. i took the car to an auto electric shop and they found nothing. I think that during the process of searching for a culprit, my mechanic inadvertently left a connector loose on the back of the radio, or there was a loose connection to begin with, similar to your experience, because after a few days of driving the radio stopped working. Once the loose connection was corrected I haven’t had any more problems. Things that make you go hmmm…

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom