Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 reset codes

Beobachter

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Roadster 1961 R/W
How do I reset door codes and such on the C5? I remember something about pressing OPTIONS or something X number of times then reset.
Please let me know. I cannot get my passenger door to unlock
Thanks
Beobachter

You can resynchronize the car and the fob. But if one door unlocks and the other does not, I don't think that is the issue. Are there any codes in the DIC concerning the door module? If the fob unlocks the driver's door, the fob is communicating with the car. Or does someone have contradictory information?

It is the passenger door not communicating. Just found the procedure to check and reset codes in the search. Will try and see if this resolves the issue.
Thnx

I agree with DRTH... if the fob is locking/unlocking the driver door but not the passenger door, it sounds as though there's a problem in the door mechanism itself.

Have you tried standing next to the Vette and pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob at the same time? I've used this method to resynchronize mine in the past. Once I hear the locks cycle, I can unlock the driver door by pressing the unlock button once and the passenger door by pressing it twice.

Here's a link to a thread Patrick created with instructions on pulling the Codes and then resetting them. Click ME I'd pull the codes and see if there are any A1-RDCM - Right Door Control Module errors listed.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom