Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 shifter Knob

J

Jack R Lawson

Remove stock six speed shifter knob. I was thinking it should just unscrew, but that does not seem to work. It will not budge and I can't seem to see a set screw or any such device that has it locked in place. I was affraid to force it much more, what is the process, can someone help me, as you might know by now I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your help. Jack

Remove stock six speed shifter knob. I was thinking it should just unscrew, but that does not seem to work. It will not budge and I can't seem to see a set screw or any such device that has it locked in place. I was affraid to force it much more, what is the process, can someone help me, as you might know by now I am not much of a mechanic. Thanks for your help. Jack
You have to take the square plastic cover out of the center of it,(it will pry out) and then there is a wedge that you have to get a hold of with needle nose vice grips and pull it striate out!!! Sometimes you can get under it with a screwdriver but that can damage the knob!!! Then just unscrew it!!:upthumbs

That square cap in placed on there with a hammer at the factory ,I almost died. The guy says you haven't seen anything yet.About an hour later they installed the front clip with a padded block and what appeared to be a 50lb sledge .

But yes junk is right you have to get the cap off and now ya know how to put it back (hammer)

You have to take the square plastic cover out of the center of it,(it will pry out) and then there is a wedge that you have to get a hold of with needle nose vice grips and pull it striate out!!! Sometimes you can get under it with a screwdriver but that can damage the knob!!! Then just unscrew it!!:upthumbs

Thanks, just what I needed to know, really appreciate your help. Jack

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom