Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C5 side shields

Richard Marvin

Corvette
2004 zO6 COMMEMORATIVE EDITION
Has anybody installed side shields on their C5 ? What is the best way to do this. I understand you have to take off your front tires?????????Smokin Z:confused:confused

Richard, when you say "side shields", I'm not sure what you are talking about......maybe splash guards? If you talking about the Splash guards, the fronts could probably be installed without removing the wheels/tires. The back ones would be really hard to do without taking the wheels/tires off. I just jacked the car up and pulled each one off, installed the splash guard and then put the wheel/tire back on.

Richard, I am going to move this thread to C5 General, so it will receive more appropriate responses. Road Kill lounge is for people to talk about their "conquests" or experiences out on the road.

Hey Tom! Saweet looking ride! I don't want to assume, but are those the Altec guards? They look identical to the Altecs I got from Corvette Central. My question for you is this...

My fronts seem like they will mount up fine and be fairly straight. Holding the rears up, the passenger side seems like I'm going to have to shave some off the guard to allow it to fit snug against the car. The first pair I ordered were way bad and not even close to mounting properly, so I exchanged them for another set (Corvette Central was extremely helpful with my dilemma). Did you have to modify yours at all before mounting them?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Tom! Saweet looking ride! I don't want to assume, but are those the Altec guards? They look identical to the Altecs I got from Corvette Central. My question for you is this...

My fronts seem like they will mount up fine and be fairly straight. Holding the rears up, the passenger side seems like I'm going to have to shave some off the guard to allow it to fit snug against the car. The first pair I ordered were way bad and not even close to mounting properly, so I exchanged them for another set (Corvette Central was extremely helpful with my dilemma). Did you have to modify yours at all before mounting them?

Thanks in advance!

They are Altec and they were bought painted. I didn't have to do anything to mine, I had them on within an hour.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom