Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! C5 starter replacement = how to?????

dalelefor

Corvette
1999 black coupe
I need to replace the starter on my 1999 C5. I bought a new bosch starter. My questions is? Do you need to drop the exhaust to get the starter in and out, or can it be done with the exhaust in place. Has anybody do this. Any suggestions welcome. Taking it to a dealer is not an option.

Hi Dale and welcome to the :CAC !!

I can't help with your technical question but I just wanted to roll out the welcome wagon when I saw your first post!

Hang tight... one of our wrenchers will be along shortly with some solid advice and suggestions! :thumb

:wJane Ann

Must drop exhaust

I did the starter replacement, Yes, I did have to drop the front exhaust from the exhaust headers. The hardest part was starting the little nuts on the start/selenoid (sp). Does anybody know what the three header to exhaust pipe bolts are susposed to be torqued at?????

I did the starter replacement, Yes, I did have to drop the front exhaust from the exhaust headers. The hardest part was starting the little nuts on the start/selenoid (sp). Does anybody know what the three header to exhaust pipe bolts are susposed to be torqued at?????

Thanks for sharing that information with us and welcome to the CAC.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom