Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 wheels under a C4 or C3??

J

johnny

Is there someone who know how to put C5 wheels under a C4 or c3? I think this could fit, maby using some spacers?

C4 yea C3 dunno

I just put Y2K wheels on my C4. I stayed with the original 17X9.5 size but could have gotten the proper year sizing (17X8.5F 18X9.5R)

DaHawaiianPunch has '99 C5 wheels on his '91 and they look good and fit well.

If you keep the proper offset you shouldn't have a problem as far as a C4. Couldn't tell you about a C3.

Here's a pic I found. I know this doesn't address sizing, offset concerns, etc but it's a good looking pic :D

Sly

Wow

Thats a good looking late C3.

Those are the wheels Punch has on his. Man they reall make that C3 look good.

c5d, your link for the suspension chart is broken (extra period at the end).

Here's an active link: C4 Suspension Chart

Re: Thanks Mac

c5d said:
Thanks for the heads up! I am a notoriously poor typist. Hey, can't you MOD's edit our posts??? If yes, feel free to help me out if you like.

C'ya
D
I dunno... I've never tried. I've moved & deleted a few threads and spread a good bit of organic fertilizer around but I haven't tried editing someone else's post.

69_Dream said:
Here's a pic I found. I know this doesn't address sizing, offset concerns, etc but it's a good looking pic :D

Sly

Are there no pic with the magnesium wheels?

69_Dream said:

Sly

Is it just me, or does that C3 look widened an/or shaved along the glass? Don't get me wrong, still an awesome pic, but it might be more deceiving than it first appears. I doubt the C5 wheels just "bolt up" to a C3, but I could be wrong.

You're right Last Ride, that pic shows a C3 that's been lowered and is a very custom vert. I think I read he shaved 2 inches off the windshield.

With the custom job this guy did, I also doubt the wheels were just bolt on.

Sly

hey Johnny did you get another vette already?

BTW i'll be in Amsterdam March 17th - 20th if you'd like to hook up! i'm interested doing a day trip to the autobahn and renting something :D

Mad-Mic said:
hey Johnny did you get another vette already?

BTW i'll be in Amsterdam March 17th - 20th if you'd like to hook up! i'm interested doing a day trip to the autobahn and renting something :D

yes I have, but as you know....I don't drive in the wintertime anymore....this year 4 members of the HCC (including myself) have crashed there vettes :(.....nope, I'll wait for the summer. On the other hand, it gives time to tuneup the vettes :)....

Early C5 wheels fit just fine on a C4. I now have 4 - 18x9.5 wheels off a 99 on my92 C4. I'm running 245/40-18 front and 285/35-18 rear. The rims were stripped and black powder coated. Look good on a red C4 and fit fine. I do believe you need spacers on the very early C4, like 84-87.
Graham

vms4evr said:
Early C5 wheels fit just fine on a C4. I now have 4 - 18x9.5 wheels off a 99 on my92 C4. I'm running 245/40-18 front and 285/35-18 rear. The rims were stripped and black powder coated. Look good on a red C4 and fit fine. I do believe you need spacers on the very early C4, like 84-87.
Graham

Graham,

Please could you show me a picture please? And what about the 17" wheels? So if I understand you well, you used only the 18" wheels?

johnny said:
Graham,

Please could you show me a picture please? And what about the 17" wheels? So if I understand you well, you used only the 18" wheels?

Johnny,

Yes only the 18's. My buddy bought 2 complete sets of early C5 wheels. He then had all 8 wheels stripped and black powder coated. He asked me if I wanted 4 of them. After some discussion he wanted the 17x9.5 wheels to mount stickies on for the track to stay legal in his class. So I took all 4 of the 18x9.5 to put street tires on. I'm using my factory sawblades to mount stickies for autocross. The wheels were for a 99. The offset is not identical to that of the sawblade. But it is extremely close. The 285s in the back don't rub at all. I went with the 245/40-18 in the front to keep the tire diameter close. Next time I pull the wheels off I'm going to mount the 285's in the front to see if they clear lock to lock. I think they should. A 285/35-18 is not much different than a 275/40-17 in height or width.

Don't have pics of the whole car with them on yet. My digital camera stinks so we took shots with my daughters 35mm and I'm waiting for the pics so I can scan them and then post. Here is a close up shot of the front and rear though. The calipers and rotor hubs were freshly painted. The center cap is the original C5 cap. The lug nut covers are the ones from my C4 wheels.

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel

Graham

thx

Graham,

Do you have a overall picture of your car?

I have 18x10.5" Z06 wheels all around on my '90; no spacers. Tires are 295/35-18. The driver's side rear tire rubs on the inner splash shield a little, but only on big bumps. Fronts have no clearance problems.

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom