Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 window issues

thrllr

Corvette
1998 Pewter Coupe and 2000 Millennium Yellow coupe
I'm new on here so forgive me if this issue has previously been addressed. I have a '98 coupe and sometimes the driver and passengers windows just go down . It happens after I take the key out or sometimes if I raise the outside door handle. I don't know when its going to happen just happens unexpectedly. Both go down at the same time but never while the car is in motion. Hubby (his is a '00 mill. yellow coup and doesn't have this problem) thinks it has something to do with the heat outside, but I disagree. Can anyone help please? Thanks

I'm new on here so forgive me if this issue has previously been addressed. I have a '98 coupe and sometimes the driver and passengers windows just go down . It happens after I take the key out or sometimes if I raise the outside door handle. I don't know when its going to happen just happens unexpectedly. Both go down at the same time but never while the car is in motion. Hubby (his is a '00 mill. yellow coup and doesn't have this problem) thinks it has something to do with the heat outside, but I disagree. Can anyone help please? Thanks

:w thrllr-

Welcome to the :CAC !

When you get the chance, you are always welcome to introduce yourself in the New Member Introductions forum.:thumb

However, you posted a question.... ;squint:
So, the windows go down with either the door handle pulled or if the key is removed. Do they go down all the way- or just a little? Do they go back up on their own? This will help folks understand what your problem might be caused by a little better.

There are chaffed wire/s,or Faulty Plug connection somewhere in the left door or Left A pillar that is signaling the door modules to put the Windows down!!:thumbMy 03 Coupe used to do that once in a while till the door got hit and I had to take it apart to repair it!! Didn't find anything wrong,but it hasn't done it since I fixed it!!:L:L:L
attachment.php

There are chaffed wire/s,or Faulty Plug connection somewhere in the left door or Left A pillar that is signaling the door modules to put the Windows down!!:thumbMy 03 Coupe used to do that once in a while till the door got hit and I had to take it apart to repair it!! Didn't find anything wrong,but it hasn't done it since I fixed it!!:L:L:L
attachment.php

Great, Something I know about. Your problem is in the wiring harness just like Gmjunkie says. I had the exact same thing with my 2003 passenger door. after a complete removal, the harness was crushed towards the front of the door. The bonded wires were touching engaging the window motors. Sometimes I would park the car with the windows up, and come out the next morning and find them down !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom