Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5's In The Snow

Remo,
We are expecting Guy to bring along his "stealth" digital camera ("stealth," of course, means it isn't Millenium Yellow. But that's another thread. :L)

Guy's mission will be to provide us with photographic evidence of the fact the you drove your Quicksilver Convertible on snowy, icy, slushy, wet, yucky roads. We crave evidence that you willingly allowed your Corvette to get dirty from black snow and roadway splash-back. In addition to posting these pictures here while you and Guy do your imitations of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope in "The Road To Decatur," Guy is going to prepare an exhibit he can bring to Cruisefest.

We figure it this way: after getting these pics, we finally have the meds strong enough to keep you in line next winter.

:D
-Patrick

Patrick said:
Remo,
We are expecting Guy to bring along his "stealth" digital camera ("stealth," of course, means it isn't Millenium Yellow. But that's another thread. :L)

Guy's mission will be to provide us with photographic evidence of the fact the you drove your Quicksilver Convertible on snowy, icy, slushy, wet, yucky roads. We crave evidence that you willingly allowed your Corvette to get dirty from black snow and roadway splash-back. In addition to posting these pictures here while you and Guy do your imitations of Bing Crosby and Bob Hope in "The Road To Decatur," Guy is going to prepare an exhibit he can bring to Cruisefest.

We figure it this way: after getting these pics, we finally have the meds strong enough to keep you in line next winter.

-Patrick

Gulp!!!!:ugh I need to start going to church.

Remo:cool

Patrick said:
Remo,

-Patrick

Patrick I hate to burst your bubble :L but the weather in the midwest will be in the high 40's we will be getting rain this week to wash what little salt (only one snowstorm of consequence this year) is on the road so Remos Vette will still be pristine maybe a little road dirt but that grey hides dirt well.;LOL

bossvette said:
Patrick I hate to burst your bubble :L but the weather in the midwest will be in the high 40's we will be getting rain this week to wash what little salt (only one snowstorm of consequence this year) is on the road so Remos Vette will still be pristine maybe a little road dirt but that grey hides dirt well.;LOL

Yeah Patrick - nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.:L

You go Remo. Enjoy the trip in your Vette. I had mine out Monday and it was awesome.

bossvette said:

But Bossvette, it isn't THIS weekend that's at issue. It's NEXT weekend (St. Patrick's Day) when the big road trip to Decatur happens. Remo is leaving Saturday the 18th. And in anticipation of this, I've already arranged for three rather significant winter storms to head into the central plains states. One is heading out of Colorado into the plains today. The second will head out on Saturday. The third will being heading out on Monday. And I may have a line on a fourth, too.

If my timing is correct, the first of these massive cold fronts should be hitting the New York/Pennsylvania/Ohio areas by late next week. And several more will be stacked up behind the first one. This will all make Remo's trip a bit more white-knuckle when it comes to controlling all that rear wheel torque on slick wintry roads. It'll give Guy a bit of photographic subject interest for the rest of us to follow in their Road Trip Blog. And best of all, it'll give Tammy, Jim (Drth Vtr) and myself all the meds we need to keep Remo "calm and relaxed" next winter. :L

Oh, and Remo... it would help my winter storm aiming if you would be a bit more specific about which route you're planning to take. :D

-Patrick

Patrick said:
:L

Oh, and Remo... it would help my winter storm aiming if you would be a bit more specific about which route you're planning to take. :D

-Patrick

Decatur via Miami:L

10-Day Forecast for
West Unity, OH (43570)

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F
Precip.
Chance
High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Today
Mar 9

12.gif
Rain / Thunder 61°/43° 90%
blank.gif
61°F
Get Local Golf Course Forecasts
Fri
Mar 10

39.gif
AM Showers 49°/36° 30%
blank.gif
49°F
Sat
Mar 11

11.gif
Showers 60°/53° 30%
blank.gif
60°F
Sun
Mar 12

30.gif
AM Clouds / PM Sun 62°/46° 20%
blank.gif
62°F
Check Your Local Event Forecast
Mon
Mar 13

38.gif
Scattered T-Storms 55°/34° 40%
blank.gif
55°F
Tue
Mar 14

5.gif
Rain / Snow Showers 41°/24° 30%
blank.gif
41°F
Wed
Mar 15

30.gif
Partly Cloudy 39°/28° 20%
blank.gif
39°F
Thu
Mar 16

14.gif
Few Snow Showers 42°/28° 30%
blank.gif
42°F
Fri
Mar 17

32.gif
Sunny 44°/33° 10%
blank.gif
44°F
Sat
Mar 18

26.gif
Cloudy 48°/38° 0%
blank.gif
48°F
Last Updated Mar 09, 1:49 PM ET
print_icon455B73.gif
Printable Forecast
Details Video Text Averages
well Patrick you shure have the weatherman fooled ;LOL

That weather forecast looks ok. This time of year the snow is not gonna stick around long enough to be an issue. Remo I hope you have a great trip and if Patrick is like most weathermen it will be 80 and sunny LOL. Now go an enjoy that Vette. No more collecting dust in the garage.

Weather needs to be good on the east coast next week. The silver bullet is comin' on home Orlando to Hooksett 11 hours 14 min.'s

Orlando to Hooksett 11 hrs 14 min? You wouldn't be fracturing the speed limit would you?

My 75 year old Grandmother drove from Manchester to Plant City Fla which is outside Tampa and did it in 18 hours. That was in her 98 Corolla. Granny always had a lead foot. Back in the 60's she used to drop my Grandfather at work at night and then race on Elm St in Manchester on her way back home. My Dad said the kids on Elm were always caught with there jaws dropped.

Patrick said:
Remo,

-Patrick

Next Friday I'll start a new thread titled "On the Road with Remo Part I" or "Where's Waldo?" ;LOL

:w
Guy

Guy said:
Next Friday I'll start a new thread titled "On the Road with Remo Part I" or "Where's Waldo?" ;LOL

Guy

How about the "Lingenfelter Chronicles";shrug

Guy said:

Guy

I sense some educational game opportunities that come out of this, Guy. Remember the old "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" We can turn this trip into "Where in the Winter World Is Remo's Corvette?" Players will get to guess from visual clues featuring snow, ice, fog, icicles hanging from branches, gray skies, and temps cold enough to see your breath, and the object of the game will be to determine where Remo drove his Vette.

Hmm... there's some real entertainment value to this idea, too. This could really be a hit!

-Patrick

Patrick said:
I sense some educational game opportunities that come out of this, Guy. Remember the old "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?" We can turn this trip into "Where in the Winter World Is Remo's Corvette?" Players will get to guess from visual clues featuring snow, ice, fog, icicles hanging from branches, gray skies, and temps cold enough to see your breath, and the object of the game will be to determine where Remo drove his Vette.

Hmm... there's some real entertainment value to this idea, too. This could really be a hit!

-Patrick

Where' Wal, er uh, Remo? ;LOL
wheresremo.GIF

Guy

Guy, we need a picture like this to caption "Where in the World is Remo's Corvette This Winter?"

o_nf6.jpg

Now, snap something like this on your road trip (with Remo's snow-covered and dirty Quicksilver Vette in it), and we'll be able to use it against Remo for years when he starts these don't drive your "Corvette in the winter" threads.

-Patrick

Patrick said:
Guy, we need a picture like this to caption "Where in the World is Remo's Corvette This Winter?"

o_nf6.jpg

Now, snap something like this on your road trip (with Remo's snow-covered and dirty Quicksilver Vette in it), and we'll be able to use it against Remo for years when he starts these don't drive your "Corvette in the winter" threads.

-Patrick

This could work out very poorly for me.:ugh

Remo must be coming, its snowing

Well Remo must be coming soon the snow started to fall and you know the funny thing its coming from the East :L
DSC03226.JPG

I hope it doesn't last long supposed to be 1-3 inches, I'll be taking the Blazer to work tonite ;)

Craig,

We leave Saturday morning at 5am and hope to stop somewhere past Cleveland. I talk to Remo every day on the phone and the weather has been the main topic every day ;).

Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom