Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5's In The Snow

Remo said:
Keeping with the theme of this thread - we're going to get a little snow for New Years Eve. And I'm sure someone will attempt to drive his C5 to the party. Well I guess we shouldn't worry - after all those C5's have "traction control".

Remo:cool

Good thing about the traction control since I'll be driving YOUR Vette to the party ;).

:w
Guy

Guy said:
Good thing about the traction control since I'll be driving YOUR Vette to the party ;).

:w
Guy

Guy can I drive your vette to the party? I always wanted to drive a corvette in the snow.:Silly

Weather man says a little snow in this region for Monday afternoon. So all you C5 drivers who like to tempt the hand of fate - tighten you seat belts, turn on the "traction control" and have your AAA cards handy.

I taking mine out tomorrow for a nice ride. Then bck in the garage while it snows Monday. Been lucky the snow hasn't been lasting.

It was supposed to snow about an inch or so last night, but as usual they were off target not enough to cover the ground, so I took a drive to Jackson Mi. a round trip of a little over 100 miles.
The end of January and I had my window down;)

It was 60 around here today. Only gonna be 37 or so tomorrow but great for cruising.

My husband left yesterday for Florida on a golfing trip with some friends. He left here about noon and missed the 5-7 inches of snow. He did hit some fog and drizzle in Indiana. Just hope that on the return trip next weekend we will be nice and dry and no snow.

Donna

Well it didn't take long. Snowing for the morning drive and traffic backed up due to an accident. No it wasn't a C5, but it was a C4. Looked like it left the road, hit the guard rail, bounced back into the street and collected a couple of other cars. Driver was out of the vehicle and on his cell phone. Corvette was a mess - body looked like shreaded cardboard. Other drivers appeared to be annoyed. I guess they weren't sports car lovers.

Unbelievable, isn't it?? Some Corvette owners will never get it...Corvettes are NOT good in snow!!! Yes, there may be a time or two that one does get through a snowstorm or snowy roads with no mishap, but their luck is due to run out very quickly!!

Elaine

Elaine,

Paula bought a new Ford 500 Limited (all wheel drive) sedan a couple of months ago. I decided to drive it to work today to see if it was everything Ford claimed. It was outstanding. The AWD tracked like a mountian goat. It's better than my 4WD F-150. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fivehundred/?v=html

GS Diva said:
Unbelievable, isn't it?? Some Corvette owners will never get it...Corvettes are NOT good in snow!!!
Elaine

Some Corvette owners will never get it...Some people are just sh*tty drivers!!! :D

6 Shooter said:
Here's a picture of Remo when he was young!

30352.jpg

Dwayne - while this is an interesting picture, I'm unclear on how it relates to C5's being driven in the snow. Perhaps you could enlighten us all.

It looks to me like a young person learning the rudiments of stirring the pot... :)

DRTH VTR said:
It looks to me like a young person learning the rudiments of stirring the pot... :)

That is what I as thinking:)

PreacherNutshot said:
Some Corvette owners will never get it...Some people are just sh*tty drivers!!! :D

That's very true...but Corvettes do not handle well in the snow, either, good driver or not!

Elaine

GS Diva said:
That's very true...but Corvettes do not handle well in the snow, either, good driver or not!

Elaine
I know from a long time ago that big meaty tires, and lots of torque dont do so well on the ice and snow.

I once seen a C-5 get side swiped in the snow by another truck once...It was such a mess, it bent the frame passenger side . I remember the guy saying it had traction control and that the sales man who sold him the vette said he "could drive it in the snow" for that reason. :rotfl

Preacher is right some people just do not know how to drive. Like I have said before I watch a C4 drive thru the winter all the time and that dude has one heck of a hill to get up to his place. He always makes it and never seems out of whack.

That being said I had my 84 out yesterday after about a month or so of sitting. It ran like it had just been out the day before. Never any issues with that car. It also was feeling rather frisky too. I had to take a left out of my friends street and gave it quick ta to 1/2-2/3 throttle input and that rear end kicked right out and almost came around on me. Musta been that 30 degree air. I was always in control but it suprised me a bit.

GS Diva said:

Elaine

Let's be honest, what (besides a Suburu STi) DOES handle well in the snow. My point is that the C5 is quite capable in the snow if properly shod (GY M&S in my case) and a competent driver.

PreacherNutshot said:
Let's be honest, what (besides a Suburu STi) DOES handle well in the snow. My point is that the C5 is quite capable in the snow if properly shod (GY M&S in my case) and a competent driver.

Ahhh....this "does it or doesn't it drive well in the snow" discussion could go on forever!:D The point I'm making is that in the cold, snowy Northeast, we usually have snow so significant that NO Corvette could make it easily or safely. I don't know what the winters are like in Missouri, but Boston can have very tough winters. I'm happy to say that this winter seems to be abnormally mild...and we're lovin' it!!:)

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom