Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Ash tray

frankie

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red / Cashmere Vert /3lt /F55
I thought I saw a thread on the c6 ash tray popping open. Does anyone know if there is a service bulletin on this issue?

Welcome to the :CAC

Mine pops open all the time too. However, I'm waiting for another issue before I take mine in. So for nearly 14,000 miles and only 1 minor issue.

There have been threads on vette boards that do tell of this happening to others and GM fixes it under warranty with no problem.

Ok, got a call from the dealer, they could not find any articles pertaining to the issue. Looked for threads with no luck. If anyone can find anything please let me know.

Ash Tray

I don't know about a TSB. I had this problem several months ago. I took it back and they replaced the ash tray. A few months later, it was popping open again. I took it back again. They replaced the ash tray again. I did note that it now has a different part number. It has been O.K. now. Hope this is of help.

I read a thread about this problem on another web site. It discussed how you take the tray out, then glue some extra plastic onto the end of the little extension arm. Then you have to file this down to make it fit so it can be grasped and held by the part inside, only better. Mine comes open usually more on hot days, when hitting a bump.

Mine (a 2007) was doing the same thing. Took it to the dealer about 2 months after I took delivery. I've had the car a year now, and no more problems with the ashtray.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom