Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 auto-dimming mirrors not working 1/2 the time

L

lemish

Auto dimming mirrors only seem to work with the driver settings on "DRIVER 2" but not on "DRIVER 1" settings.

Even if you are driving down the road at night and hit the driver settings buttons on the door to change from 1 to 2 or vice versa it stops and starts working respectivly.

Anyone else had this problem?

The wife is always "DRIVER 1" and she has complained about this since we bought the car. I kept telling her it worked for me and I even took it into the dealership 3 times (two different dealers and talked to the zone manager) with the dealer(s) reporting that the mirror was working correctly.

However this weekend on a night roadtrip, between the two of us taking turns driving, we discovered it was related to the driver settings selection and that each time I had taken the car in for service I had given them the keys that correspond to DRIVER 2 settings.

I cant find any setting to get the mirror to work on "DRIVER 1" settings.

Anyone know what we are doing wrong or what we need to do to get things working?

I have called the GM Service zone manager again and his solution over the phone was to swap key fobs and scratch the numbers off the back so the wife doesnt know the difference.

I explained that the DIC would come up and say "Welcome Driver 2" and that since the wife is the owner of the car, she isnt going to be happy with that solution. (Clearly another GM person who knows nothing about these cars.)

He finally said he would contact 'engineering' and see what they say but he anticipates they will say its not possible for this to even happen so he doesnt know what they can really do.

I will give it some time to hear back from them, but this is really frustrating.

Anyone had a similar problem or can offer any advice?

I have no idea what the problem might be, but I do have a suggestion.

If you have not already done so, go to http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/

and click on the Yellow Owner Feedback button.

I have had good results using this in the past.

Let us know what happens.

Save The Wave,
John:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom