Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Challenges and known issues

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Guys,
Considering trading the C5 in for a C6 in the very near future.
Are there any challenges and known issues with the C6's and what years are better than others.

Thank you~

The "challenge" is deciding which C6 you want! :D

As for the best to buy - the newest one you can afford.

The 2005 auto was still a 4-speed w/o paddles
2006/2007 autos are 6-speed with paddles. The shift response with the paddles is a little slow compared to the newer C6s.
2008 and UP got improved transmissions and computer programming for the paddles.

I've had a 2006 auto, 2008 stick and 2013 stick. I'll take the stick as I found I never used the auto paddles except on the track and I didn't track it that much. Stick is more fun to drive - for me. My wife drove the 06 most of the time and never used the paddles.

If I was going from a C5 to a C6 now, I'd probably be looking for a Grand Sport.

Guys,
Considering trading the C5 in for a C6 in the very near future.
Are there any challenges and known issues with the C6's and what years are better than others.

Thank you~

We've got a C5 Z06 and a C6, a 2010 Grand Sport vert.... what a fantastic car. The only issue I had is the aggressive set up of the front end ate the original tires pretty quickly. I've since had the alignment changed and replaced the GYs with Michilens and it's all good!!

My only challenge...keeping a light foot. It is so much fun to drive, one always wants to hit the gas a bit hard. An awesome
feeling sinking into your seat. If your not careful triple digit speeds can come on quickly. Enjoy what ever you choose. :w:w

Hi there,

#1, the last year of every generation is ALWAYS the best, its been proven since the beginning of Corvette. 1996, 2004 and 2013 IMO are the best of their generations, hands down!

#2, what do you want in Corvette?? THAT IS THE KEY TO WHICH CORVETTE IS RIGHT FOR YOU!

#3, if you know or can get your hands on a qualified technician who KNOWS Corvette, they can accurately guide you and evaluate any Corvette you purchase.

Good luck with your search and if you need anything else, let us know.

Allthebest, Paul

I absolutely love mine and so does the wife. It has everything you want in a vette; good looks, comfort, and it's VERY quick.
I miss the sound and style (Big Block hood with LT-1 stripes) of the LT-1 but for comfort and the "whole package," you can't beat the C6.

I have often said my Grand Sport is the best Corvette I have ever owned and its my 10th one. Power, bad ass looks, sounds great and I wouldn't trade the seat heaters for nothing. The only issues I have had are fuel sensors that are acting up. Other than that its been all good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom