Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Convertible Trunk Release Problem

01MilYellow

Corvette
2001 Coupe
Has anyone noticed that if the top is down and even if the car is locked, anyone can reach in and press the buttons to open the trunk and gas filler door without setting off the alarm?

Seems like a terrible security issue. Can't leave anything in the trunk with the top down for fear that someone could steal it! (Not to mention putting something in the gas tank.)

Anyone else notice this serious issue?

Any fix for it?

Thanks.

Doesn't seem right, that's for sure. :ugh I can't say whether or not my coupe is that way or not. I'll have to try it next time it's off the lift. Anyone out here know whether or not this is common or if there is a fix?

I just checked this out on my '13 vert.

The top is up but the windows are down and the car is locked. The gas door opens but the trunk will not open when I push its button.

I unlocked the door and the trunk opened with the button.

I closed the door and waited for the horn to honk and tried the trunk button - it opened.
I noticed the security icon was lite up on the dash, so I waited for it to go out and tried again - the trunk did not open.

Seems to work acceptably for me.

Btw, you can open the hood with the car locked without setting off the alarm. Both my '11 CTS V and my Vette allow me to reach in and open the hood without an alarm - but my '14 ATS sets off the alarm if I open the hood while the car is locked.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom