Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6 corvette splash guards

T

trickyone

does anyone have pics of there c6 coupe with the gm splash guards installed.was considering buying some for my car.but not sure what they look like installed.

does anyone have pics of there c6 coupe with the gm splash guards installed.was considering buying some for my car.but not sure what they look like installed.

Trickyone, I'm going to merge your two threads. No sense having two threads on the same subject.

Norty, where did you purchase those splash guards from? The only style that I have seen for the C6 is the more traditional style and they are painted to match the car color. See attached link.

C6 Color Matched Splash Guards - Free Shipping

Norty, where did you purchase those splash guards from? The only style that I have seen for the C6 is the more traditional style and they are painted to match the car color. See attached link.

C6 Color Matched Splash Guards - Free Shipping
These splash guards are from GM and made specifically for the C-6. They will not fit the Z06 nor the ZR1. Cost about $95 for the set of four. The fitment is perfect and should have been on the car from Bowling Green.:thumb

How much do they help? They seem to barely stick out past the fender.

How much do they help? They seem to barely stick out past the fender.
I've personally installed them on 2 cars. The machine silver car was the first, and a CRM was the second. Both owners have reported to me that they work very well and eliminate "about 80% of the front tire throwoff and about 60% of the rear tire throwoff."
I would think that protecting the paint behind the front tires would be worth the cost. Pebbles and other debris...

These splash guards are from GM and made specifically for the C-6. They will not fit the Z06 nor the ZR1. Cost about $95 for the set of four. The fitment is perfect and should have been on the car from Bowling Green.:thumb

Got a GM part number for these things?

:thumb Jason

North, are these the slash guards that folks can modify for the C5 app? I just put i-Forged wheels on my C5 and they stick out a bit more and I'm afraid it'll sand the paint off!

North, are these the slash guards that folks can modify for the C5 app? I just put i-Forged wheels on my C5 and they stick out a bit more and I'm afraid it'll sand the paint off!
These splash guards are specifically designed for the stock (base & Z51) C6 wheel arches. I do not know if GM has anything for the previous generations.

If your wheels "stick out a bit," then you might want to return them as they have the incorrect offset. Once ou get the correct offset, you may have brake caliper clearance issues, be sure to check that.

Don't drive if your tires rub when the wheel is moving up and down (such as a dip in the road,) as it'll probably cut the tire sidewalls to the cords eventually. Saw this happen with a new Z06 with 19's & 20's installed. The overweight driver had to switch places with his light wife so they could get home from a run with our group. He cut the sidewall that much that the tire was junk. It also damaged the rear fender as well by the heat. I was right behind him and saw "puffs of smoke" when he hit a slight dip in the road. At first I thought it was a valve going sideways because the smoke was only on one side of the car. (His side!) I questioned him when we stopped for a break and he said,"DIC is indicating that everything's A-OK." Then I told him I smelled the rubber whilst driving behind him (and it really stunk when he stopped). We looked at the sidewall of the rear tire and it looked like someone had taken a sharp knife and cut about a million cuts in it. Tire was junk and he became concerned about the tire's integrity as he was 50 miles from home. He made it by switching seats with the wife.:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom