Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Driver Door UN-lock button (on the door)

JsC6

My driver side door UN-lock button, on the door, does not work. Only the driver 'door lock' button works. Passenger side works fine, both lock and UN-lock.
Both driver and passenger door lock and UN-lock buttons work as they should, on the remotes.
So why does the driver door UN-lock button, on the door, not work?

P.S. Both door handles work fine.

First off, a Welcome is in order here. :w My guess is, just that pne side of the switch is not working properly. It is really the only thing that makes sense to me. Why is it not working? I have no idea. That is what I'm going with. :thumb Maybe someone else can shed some light on the matter. Good luck with diagnosis and fix and again Welcome to CAC

Never works. When I push the 'lock' button on driver door, I hear it 'beep' and it locks. But when I press the Unlock button, it makes no sound and does not unlock. (The pass door lock and UNlock button beeps and locks as it should)

I should feel special and will be expecting Chevrolet to be knocking on my door any day now. Since I am the only person in the C6 Corvette to have unlock button troubles. I have scoured the internet and I see all kinds of "how-to's" for cleaning the door handle pads to open the doors. However my issue is with the unlock button specifically. It used to work, now it does not. (Key fob works fine - both lock and unlock, but its usually in my pocket)
I am willing to let Bowling Green come get the car and dismantle it to get to the root of the problem. Lets hope we get to the bottom of it before it happens to other drivers. (Much like the horrible, "Service Active Handling" light issue)
I digress. Does the door unlock/lock buttons/plate, above your left knee (on the door) pop off or do I need to remove the door panel to get to the back of the door panel?
Or, since the button doesn't actually communicate with the door actuator and goes to the BCM/ECM, do I need to look elsewhere for problems?
Thank You.

Your over thinking it. The problem is the lock switch. Try spraying some contact cleaner in it but chances are it needs replacing.

Your over thinking it. The problem is the lock switch. Try spraying some contact cleaner in it but chances are it needs replacing.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how to replace the lock switch? I am reluctant to pry it out as I'm not sure if it removes from the back of the door panel or from the front side of the door panel.

Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom