Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 exhaust

Flyer172

Corvette
09 convertible
I just bought a 2009 c6. The previous owner changed the exhaust and put straight exhaust on it. I found a set of stock exhaust from an 06. The part numbers are different. My question is will they work on an 09? Any input would be appreciated.

First off Flyer, a Welcome is in order! :w You will find a wealth of information and helpful people here. Pictures of the new ride are nearly expected. :D

As for your question.....I don't think the 'new' exhaust will work. Sorry for the bad news. In 2008 they went from the LS2 to the LS3 and those changes included different exhaust system as well.

C6

Thanks for the information I was thinking the same thing. I’ll get a picture out here shortly

I agree with Tom,whole different bird. I went with Borla Stingers on my 04 Vette and loved them.

It is possible that the mid section and the mufflers from the 06 will work but you'll need the cat/head pipes off an '09.

Better yet, find the cats and X-pipe mid-section off an '11 and the mufflers off a 12/13. That selection will be the lowest restriction OE exhaust for a C6 w. LS3.

After the blower destroys the CATs; I'll go with metallics; cleaner and more flow...

Get a Corsa Sport Exhaust. No drone and just the right amount of growl. They are a little pricey, but you'll thank me later.

:cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom