Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Fund For Ben Labaree Corvettes Conquer Cancer

The fund is at around $36,600 now! The goal is within sight.

Elaine

Donation sent.

Here it is March 22nd and the total I have raised is now $37,000. There is just two weeks left before I have to have $50K in hand to pay for the car. I am laying out the roster to be on the doors and will post it as soon as I get it right. The car is being transported to Carlisle by Dick Borchers and I need a volunteer transporter to pick it up at Carlisle and deliver it to Bowling Green over the weekend of April 15/16.
Please consider joining me in this effort. Ben's work has produced hundreds of thousands of dollars for the American Cancer Societ and this new C6 will allow him to continue for a long time to come. $100 gets your name on the doors and $500 gets in in larger type and in gold.
$750 gets your club logo on the car.
Thanks,
Paul

Here is today's update:
We have raised $37,000 and have $13,000 to go. Contributions have slowed significantly so now is a good time for any fence sitters to join in. There are also a few people who have pledged money but not sent it in yet. We have to pay for the car on April 6th so we will need all of it by then. We can probably get the car with an outstanding balance and continue raising funds until we can finish it off but that is not our current desire.
I am working on the graphics for the roster panels on the car. I think you will all like what I am doing. I will post a shot of it on my web site as soon as I get it in shape to show. I will be able to accommodate additions to the list up until April 6th, so don't waste time if you want your name on the car. $100 gets it in silver and $500 gets it in Gold and a larger type.

Chuck Mallett called me yesterday and offered to give a complete set of Mallett custom wheels and tires to be put on the car. These will be 19" on all four corners and are powder coated in his signature color. This is going to be really cool on the car.
I have spoken with Roc Linkov at the Museum and we have made fairly firm arrangements to present the keys to Ben in front of the Museum at 10:15 AM on Saturday, April 22. Ben's 97 will be auctioned immediately thereafter with the proceeds to be split between the Museum and the American Cancer Society. Bob Hardt has suggested that we hold the presentation at the spot where Sandy's brick is located near the front steps. We will make every effort to do this so that we can all feel Sandy's spirit and Ben's undying devotion to her cause as we help him to continue on the path she started for him. This will be the high point of the Birthday Bash for me! Please be sure to make it an event not to be missed.

Thank you to all who have given so much is such a short time. This is truly a great Corvette community and one that I am proud to be a part of.
Best,
Paul Eggermann
PS: I still need someone to transport the car from Carlisle to Bowling Green over the April 15/16 weekend. Dick Borchers Towing Service will have his logo on the car for his part in moving the car from Maine to Carlisle the previous weekend. Please call me if you know someone who can donate this important task. 732-895-8979 cell.
Make your check out to:
Ben Labaree C6 FUND and mail it to Ben Labaree C6 FUND
c/o Paul Eggermann
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850

How about a Paypal Account?

Maybe you could set up a PayPal account for this effort? It would make donations much easier.

ed_in_pa said:
Maybe you could set up a PayPal account for this effort? It would make donations much easier.

A PayPal account is set up -- paulpegg@optonline.net. Please note that the donation is for Ben's C6.

Thanks for asking!

Elaine

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD dir=ltr>
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
You can see what the roster on the doors of Ben's C6 will look like at http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette and click on the text in the center of the page that will take you to the picture of the car with the panels superimposed. There is paypal link at the bottom where you can make a contribution.
The FUND is now at $38,095 with two weeks to go until we pay for the car. We need $12,000 more.
Please make your check out to Ben Labaree C6 FUND
and mail it to:
Ben Labaree C6 FUND
c/o Paull Eggerman
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850
We will continue to raise funds and accept names for the roster until the car is fully paid for.
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dick Borchers has agreed to drive his transporter from NJ to Maine and then to Carlisle over the weekend of April 8/9 to deliver Ben's new C6 to the shop that will apply all the logos and rosters to the car. His cost for this will be close to $1,000 which he has contributing to this effort.
Dick has posed a challenge to the Registry as follows:
He will donated his time and equipment to transport the car from Carlisle to Bowling Green over the weekend of April 15/16 IF the Registry pays for his fuel. This is a 1600 mile trip for him and he will use about 200 gallons of gas, so we need to raise $600 specifically for this use.
This shouldn't be too hard to do. Let me hear from you all, Please!
Thank you Dick for stepping forward and taking on this task. Your logo will be on the car.
Paul
Send your checks to
Ben Labaree C6 FUND
c/o Paul Eggermann
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850
Be sure to designate it is for the FUEL.

Ben FUND now at $39,000

THE FUND IS NOW AT $39,000! We still have $13,500 to go to fully pay for the car. The dealer is going to carry the balance until we can pay it off so fund raising will continue right through the Birthday Bash.
Send you contribution NOW if you want your name on the car at the BB. I will be finalizing the roster panel next weekend, April 8/9. Additional names will be applied after that date but will not make it for the BB.
The presentation of the car to Ben will be in front of the Museum on Saturday, April 22 at 10:15 AM. Ben's 97 Coupe will be auctioned immediately thereafter with the proceeds to be split between the NCM and American Cancer Society. This car has been maintained by Chuck Mallett and Jake Delaney and has many extras.
Make your check out to Ben Labaree C6 FUND
send it to:
Ben Labaree C6 FUND
c/o Paul Eggermann
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850
e-mail me with the amount so I can be sure to get your name in the rosters.
You can see the roster and send me a paypal payment at my web site. Click on See Roster text in the middle of the page.
http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette/

$3,260 TO GO!

The Birthday Bash at the NCM was all that I hoped for and more. Dave Hill presented the keys to Ben on Saturday morning and his 97 was auctioned for $11,300 with the proceeds split 50/50 between the NCM and the American Cancer Society. We were absolutely thrilled that the buyer is lending the car to the Museum for two years and will then take it to Corvette Events to further Ben's cause. Outstanding!

You can see the car as it now stands at http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette Click on the button.

I have raised over $50,000 and have $3,260 to go. Watch for more news.

Thanks to all who have helped me make this happen. The Corvette community is like no other in the world!

Paul Eggermann

"In Memory Of" Panel on Ben's C6

Here's the latest on Ben's C6!!

We only have a few thousand dollars to go to completely pay for Ben Labaree's new C6.

Several people mentioned to me at the Birthday Bash that they would like to be able to remember someone close who has died of cancer, so I created an "In Memory Of" panel on the front fenders just in front of the cove. Both panels will be identical, just as the doors are. There is only room for 50 names at $100 each. This will go fast so let me know right away if you are going to participate.

You can see a mockup of the panel at http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette Click on the text for the memorial panel to see it. You can also see the car as it is right now by clicking on the "I Contributed To Ben's C6 Fund" button.

Thank you all for your tremendous outpouring of support for this cause. Ben and I are overwhelmed and gratified that the members of the Corvette community came out in such great numbers. No other automobile affinity group could possibly match this effort.

Best regards,

Paul

ALMOST DONE

It's been a wild ride, but we are there. I need all of $520 to fully pay for the car. There is still $5,000 in pledges that have not come in, so please send your check if you told me you were in! Your pledge is included in my total. I will not accept any more names for the roster when this balance is zero.

The Memorial Panel has 32 spots left and they are going fast. All extra money that comes in for this panel will go to the American Cancer Society. I will continue to accept contributions until it is full. Ben is bringing the car to NJ for the Liberty Region Corvette Club Show on May 20th. I will have all the new names ready to put on the car before the show and it will be complete so don't wait if you want to have a name on the car.

Thank you all for your fantastic support. There are so many people, I can't name them all, but Stan Kessel, Dan Samento and of course, Dick Borchers, who transported the car from Maine to NJ and then to the BB all came to my aid and were in my court all the way. Betsy Maher at Strong Chevrolet went way out of her way to get the car and keep it until we could pay for it and that "someone" in GM who gave us his Employee Discount became the single largest contributor. Lance Miller, Chuck Mallett, Ed Duprey, Corvette Mike, Al Bair, Carl Zander, Marshall Fancher and Bill Harris all helped with logo spots plus Chuck is putting some of his neat wheels on the car. The Liberty Region Corvette Club, Club Corvette of Connecticut, New England Corvette Club and the Capitol City Corvette Club all came forward and put their logos on the car. There is still plenty of room for logos and Ben will continue to offer those spaces to those who wish to sponsor his ongoing activities.

Roman and Marilyn Sabadaszka fulfilled our dreams when they bid $11,300 for the privilege of making two donations to the NCM and ACS and Ben then sold them his 97 for $1. They agreed to lend the car to the NCM for up to two years to be displayed as the historic car that it is. They intend to take it to Corvette shows later to further promote Ben's cause. They made it all worth it and I can't thank them enough for their huge contribution.

I am happy to see it end, Ben is still in shock and you can all feel good that you were a part of a special piece of Corvette history.

God Bless You All!

Make your check out to " BEN LABAREE C6 FUND"
And send it TO:
Ben Labaree C6 Fund
c/o Paul Eggermann
3 Potter Place
Milltown, NJ 08850

C5R W1471

PS: The total fund is now over $52,500 and we need $520 to close it out. See the car or buy a spot on the "In Memory Of" panel at http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette

Paul-

Carlisle Events and the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation were happy to help! We appreciate the opportunity - most of all - THANK YOU for hustling! Ben is an incredible person and has a mission - he's one of the most dedicated people I've met and a great person to boot. Life is good, thanks again for helping such a great cause.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller

Thank you for the kind words Lance. I couldn't have done it without your support. I enjoyed working on your logos and think they make the car look great. They will be there for a long time!

The "In Memory Of" panel is now half full with 25 spaces still available. I have all of $170 left to raise to fully pay for the car and every dollar we collect after that will go the the American Cancer Society. Checit out at http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette and click on the text box in the middle of the page to see what it will look like.

Thank you all again, you are the greatest.

Paul

Update?

Does anyone have an update on getting the car for Ben? We discussed it at our last club meeting and no one was sure he finally got it. Our club donated enough money to get our name on the car and I was wondering if anybody has pictures if he did get it? I'd like to put it on our club website if there are any pictures.

Thanks,

Ron
"Baldie88"

Ron,

Ben did indeed get his new car. I managed to raise $54,000 and the car was delivered to him by Dave Hill at the Birthday Bash on April 22. Here is a link to a few shots from that day http://corvette.photoimpressions.org/Corvette In the middle of the main page are two links to see the car and the Memorial panels that I created to raise the final $4K.

I have just completed a new Composite Print of the car and will put it on the above website in a day or two.

Thank you very much for your support. Ben is a very unique individual and I am totally thrilled that the Corvette community helped me raise all this money in three months to help this great guy.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

Best regards,

Paul Eggermann

Thanks Paul. I'm glad everything worked out and Ben was able to get his car. We have several of our members that are breast cancer survivors so this was special for our club.

Thanks again.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom