Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Oil Change Prices

kgelliott

Corvette
2006 Victory Red Coupe
Just curious as I read on some other threads about oil changes and nightmares, capacities, as well as prices for C5 oil changes.
What kind of price is anyone paying for an oil change for a C6? ;shrug
And, while I'm at it, it is 5.5 qts, right?

Best advice is to do it yourself if possible. That way you know it's done right. Have never owned a car that was as easy to change oil on as the C6. Takes 20 minutes tops!

Around $90 in a New Jersey dealership. And yes, a C6 without Z51 will hold about 5.5 quarts with the filter changed.

I charge $55 including mobil 1, delco filter, disposal and tax.
-=Rick

Best advice is to do it yourself if possible. That way you know it's done right. Have never owned a car that was as easy to change oil on as the C6. Takes 20 minutes tops!
I agree. Mine costs $45 oil & filter, I do it myself. ;)

Oil Change

Ok. I've read most of the horror stories about dealers messing up Vettes while lifting, incorrectly filling, and what have you.
So, to do it yourself, what do you do to reset the Oil Life Remaining in the DIC? Do you just use the reset on the DIC, or is there something a tech needs to do? Also, what about a filter? Is it a common size, and what about best brand to use?
I like the idea of a drive-over bay where there is NO lifting required. If I go to my local shop, what do I have to be careful of and watch for, specifically?
Is changing the oil as straight forward as a regular car? Are all the issues with this only with care, rather than difficulty? ;shrug Thanks in advance.

Ok. I've read most of the horror stories about dealers messing up Vettes while lifting, incorrectly filling, and what have you.
So, to do it yourself, what do you do to reset the Oil Life Remaining in the DIC? Do you just use the reset on the DIC, or is there something a tech needs to do? Also, what about a filter? Is it a common size, and what about best brand to use?
I like the idea of a drive-over bay where there is NO lifting required. If I go to my local shop, what do I have to be careful of and watch for, specifically?
Is changing the oil as straight forward as a regular car? Are all the issues with this only with care, rather than difficulty? ;shrug Thanks in advance.

Your owners manual will tell you which A/C filter and how to reset the oil life monitor.
Lift the car using the rear drivers side puck. Reach under and remove the filter and drain plug. Let the car down to drain while level. Lift again to install new filter and plug. You can have it done quicker than the drive down to the shop. Good Luck! :beer

Awww shoot! It's running over!

If you are changing a Z06, be sure your pan will hold 8 full quarts!:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom