Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 question

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
My neighbor works for a driveshaft plant (NTN) that makes parts for the C6, he says its the CV joints for the front and rear, with the new rear end transmition I can see a CV joint for the rear but he says they make them for the front and rear, how can there be a CVjoint in the front of the vette? I think he's full of it and they just make the rear shaft. Anyone know for sure?

Just looked, left and right for the rear...standard A-arm/spindle config in the front.....guess he's full of it!

Thanks, this guy is notorious for being full of **** but thanks for the comformation.

Wonder if he is thinking of some kind of steering joint??

I dont know. He specifically said it had a CVjoint for the front and rear, and we had an in depth conversation on where it would attach to the transmission ( which we all know is in the rear ) . A steering joint would still be basicaly a tie rod end wouldnt it? Which is no where close to a cvjoint. Doesnt the C6 still use the rear half shafts with u-joints on both ends like the have before? Which still isnt what I would call a cv joint, Im thinking the same as what they use in a front wheel drive when he says cvjoint. I think they make the rear half shafts, possibly a cvjoint for the rear and maybe the front spindle and he just doesnt know the difference. You would have to hear some of the stuff this guy comes up with sometimes to appreciate why Im trying to get some fact on this. We call him out on some of his claims all the time.

You would have to hear some of the stuff this guy comes up with sometimes to appreciate why Im trying to get some fact on this. We call him out on some of his claims all the time.

Don't most of us have the pleasure of working with or living next to people like this?! I guess their purpose is to keep us on our toes and amused!! :L

Thanks, this guy is notorious for being full of **** but thanks for the comformation.
He may be a Dummy and think the Inner and Outer are Front and Rear!!! There are a couple joints in the steering shaft to the Rack,but I think there just Mini U-joints!!!! ;shrug I have a Nimrod that come here to look at vettes that keeps telling me about his Uncles Aluminum 55 Corvette!!! According to him it was the only year they made it out of aluminum!!!!!;LOL ;LOL :boogie :upthumbs

So many people are misinformed. They either read and misunderstand or hear someone else that dont know what their talking about and thinks its gospel.:chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom